Monday 27 December 2021

December Joy - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Rustic Christmas

Hi everybody, Rebecca with you today. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are enjoying some down-time before New Year. I'm popping by to share another festive layout with you which I've created using the Simple Vintage Rustic Christmas collection from Simple Stories. You can find the full collection here.



I started my layout with a sheet of the Season's Best patterned paper - I scored the entire sheet horizontally every 1cm. I then folded the paper along the score lines, alternating the direction of the folds to give a concertina effect. Once this was done, I pinched the top and bottom together to form a bow shape and secured it by wrapping some thread around it. I adhered this to a sheet of green bazzill cardstock (colour shade 'Pear') from the Matchmaker Pack, using my hot glue gun. 



I made myself an origami bow from the Peace on Earth patterned paper and stuck it over the thread where I'd pinched the paper folds together. If you'd like to make an origami bow, it was actually really simple - you can find the tutorial I used here.



I added a layer of the Peach on Earth paper behind my photo and slotted this in above my origami bow, raising the top half up with craft foam. This gave me two natural areas to embellish either side of my photo. I added some Christmas trees, fir tree sprigs and a poinsettia from the Woodland Bits & Pieces pack, and then built upon these clusters adding some more trees, a tag with some ribbon through the top and a wreath from the Bits & Pieces pack.



I added some more die cuts underneath my origami bow to help balance the page, and then built my title over on the right hand side. I used the word 'December' from the 'Foam Stickers' and the word 'Joy' from the Combo Stickers.



I finished my layout off with some paint splatters. I used metallic gold acrylic paint, and watered-down white gesso.



Thanks so much for reading. I hope you've enjoyed this layout and it's given you some inspiration. If you'd like to watch the layout come together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel here.


That's me officially done for 2021! I'll be back in 2022, and I'm excited to be working with the gorgeous Simple Vintage Weathered Garden collection from Simple Stories. Wishing you all a fabulous, and safe New Years.


See you next year!

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: