Friday 10 December 2021

December Papermaze Kit - Part 1

 

Hi Lynn here today with the December Papermaze Kit. If you enjoy scrapping your Christmas memories, you will love this kit - in traditional Christmasy colours. I have my first two layouts to share and both have a Santa Claus theme.


Before we take a look at how I made the layouts, here is a peek as what you will find in the December Kit:

Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Make It Merry collection - Holliest
& Jolliest, Wonder & Joy and Merry, Merry, Merry
Simple Stories - Holly Days collection - No Peeking!
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin - Warm Wishes collection - Holly Jolly
Echo Park - Jingle All The Way collection - 6 x 4 Journalling Cards
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - White & Dark Kraft

Reverse side of papers:

Embellishments:
Kraft snowflake tag,

1 Simple Stories chipboard frame (or 2 of the small ones), 12" holiday twine, 2 P13 light chipboard phrases, 6 Simple Stories puffy stickers, 3 gift brads, 5 wooden stars, strip gold & silver gems

Extra Bazzill Basics pack - Red Devil, Berry Blush, Jetstream & Hillary


Santa Claus is coming to town – This layout shows my nephew and family visiting Santa at the local Garden Centre. 


I gutted ‘Wonder & Joy’ paper to make a frame 4cm deep. Then the Red Devil cardstock was trimmed to 26cm x 26cm, this was also gutted to make a frame 1cm deep, and placed over the first frame. A 25cm x 25cm piece of ‘Holly Jolly’ paper was edged with Festive Berries Distress Ink, and centered over the two frames. 

My photo was printed to fit inside the chipboard frame and placed onto the layout at an angle. I drew a faint pencil circle above and below the frame as a guide for my letter stickers. I chose some old K & Company glittery letter stickers and created the long title following the pencil lines. 

I cut the word ‘traditions’ with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits set – Holiday Words 2 – Script and Red Devil cardstock. This was placed top left of the frame. I created several clusters of seasonal foliage using another set of dies – Funky Festive. For these I used scraps of Bazzill from my stash as well as some from the kit. Tiny gold beads without holes were placed in the flower centres. 

I used more stickers to add the year, and I die cut a bird with the Ornamental Birds thinlits set for the bottom right of the frame.




Santa & Mrs Claus – A layout to feature the Larissa Holland felt ornaments I made last year for the Christmas tree. 


With the White Bazzill cardstock as a base, I flicked some Distress Mica Spray (Crocked Broomstick and Bubbling Cauldron). I inked the edges with Festive Berries Distress Ink.


I cut a Christmas ornament cutfile to a large size in glittery gold cardstock and backed it with scraps of Bazzill cardstock and some patterned paper, I backed the cutfile and stuck it in place onto the white card with 3D foam pads.


My photos, mounted on some Hillary Bazzill were slid into place among the ornaments.  


I used dies to add a title and date with ‘Windsor’ numbers, upper & lower case alpha dies from Tonic Studio. I also die cut some fronds and branches using more of the glittery cardstock and Sizzix Thinlits Large Funky Festive die set.


Finally, I embellished the layout with gems, nail heads, sequins, Nuvo glitter and crystal drops.       


That's all for today, back with more Christmas layouts soon.
Thanks for looking.

Lynn x

No comments: