Wednesday 8 December 2021

Simple Stories Holly Days - 'Warm Wishes' by Meg

Hey hey everyone! 

It's getting close to Christmas now and I'm sure you've been busy! As have we on the Papermaze Design Team, scrapping with some wonderfully festive collections 😃 

I'm here today to show you a page I've made using Simple Stories 'Holly Days' - I always love Simple Stories for their fun and cheery designs, so I am so super excited to be sharing this with you today! 

I had the Holly Days Chipboard Frames in my pack so the first thing I did was open that packet up to pick out my favourite frames! One that really caught my eye was this one I used in the centre of my design, with the sweet little houses on it. 

This chipboard frame was actually a double frame and at first I thought I was going to use both sides but then I ended up deciding I only wanted to use it as a single frame and layer around it, so I cut it apart with my scissors to create a single frame instead. 

I decided I wanted to create a diagonal design and so I cut a triangle out of the Holly Days Let's Get Cozy paper to make a gentle snowy slope on the bottom of my page. After that it all seemed to come together naturally! I positioned the chipboard frame on the top and the middle of the slope and cut out a house from the other side of the chipboard frame, plus another fussy-cut house from the Home For Christmas paper, which I arranged either side of my chipboard frame to create like a little street of houses! 

I had already sorted through my photos and had picked out my Christmas/Winter photos ready to possibly use with this collection, so I had a quick look through and picked out these three photos of my two children and arranged them either side of the chipboard frame, using a section of another frame to frame my smaller photos on the left and another piece of chipboard frame on the right to create a trio and balance out the page. 

I tucked some pom pom trim under the chipboard frame for some texture and because I love it, it just makes a page feel so Christmassy! There was a banner on the top of the frame that said 'Merry Christmas' but I'd cut it in half and it only said 'Merry', so I used a Warm Wishes Puffy Phrase Thicker sticker by Vicki Boutin American Crafts that said 'family times' to cover it up. These puffy stickers go so nicely with the Holly Days collection and have lovely festive sentiments, so I used two more to create another trio around the page and some golden puffy stars. I also added a snowman that I'd fussy cut from the Holly Days Tags paper, some Bramble Fox red heart Perspectives and a big red bow to add a few more pops of red. 

I added blue Jetstream Bazzill cardstock to the top and bottom of the page which matched the other blues perfectly, plus some strips of Let's Get Cozy paper to the top of the page. I finished with some blue crystal and pearl flatback gems on each of the snowflakes at the bottom of the page for some sparkle and shine!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my layout today and that you get a chance for a little scrappy downtime during this busy season - I'll be back again soon with another Wintery layout!

Merry Christmas and lots of love from our family to yours,

Meg x 


No comments: