Wednesday 22 December 2021

'Hot Cocoa and Cookies' Holly Days Simple Stories by Meg

Hello everybody! It's the 22nd already - how did that happen?! And if you're anything like me, you still need to do your gift buying and wrapping but have been busy scrapping instead ha ha!

Here's my latest page, create using Simple Stories' Holly Days. This is a wonderfully festive collection and even a small amount as shown here can make your page feel warm and Christmassy! 

I started by picking out my photos and I wanted to use these three of my son decorating Christmas biscuits - they went really well with the Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes Puffy Phrase Sticker sentiments 'Hot Cocoa' and 'Cookies'. I used these puffy stickers on my last Holly Days page and I really love how they look together! I adhered my little photos to white cardstock to make them look like mini Polaroids and decided I wanted them to be a square formation in the centre of my page. 

I had some fussy cut elements from the Tags paper that I played with to decide which piece would be the final 'square' in my grid and chose the little snowman in his snowglobe, but Santa was a close second!

I cut out a square of white cardstock and folded the edges up to create a sort of diamond shaped 'tray' which I really liked the look of. I cut a second slightly larger square of the patterned paper Let's Get Cozy to layer behind, plus a square of blue Bazzill Jetstream cardstock and red Bazzill Cherry Splash cardstock in the same size. I offset these behind to create a blue side and a red side! 

After sticking these bits down and using foam to pop the little snowman up, I started embellishing around my photos. I used the fussy cut little car and Merry Christmas banner from the Tags paper, the 'Holiday', 'Hot Cocoa' and 'Cookies' sentiments from the Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes Puffy Stickers, some fussy cut snowflakes from the other side of the Let's Get Cozy paper, some red thread to handstitch some large lines around the edge of my centre diamond and I scattered a few little mirrored stars around to finish. My journaling is tucked in there too, on the diagonal. 

And that's it! My second page using Holly Days. I hope you like it and I'll leave you now to your festivities! Thank you so much for popping by and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! 

Meg x 

No comments: