Monday 24 January 2022

'Hugs & Kisses', using Simple Stories Happy Hearts, by Meg

Hello everyone, I hope you are well and warm! Today I'm popping by really quickly to share a layout using the brand new Happy Hearts collection by Simple Stories. I absolutely adore this collection, it's just so cute and fun! After finishing this page, I went straight onto the website to order more! 

So my starting point with this page was pulling out a few papers I wanted to use and I got straight into inking a section of my white cardstock with a mini Tim Holtz Distress Ink - these ones here, using the Abandoned Coral colour. I swiped it straight over the page and then dabbed some white gesso on top to sort of make it a little softer in some parts. 

Next I picked out some photos (I just love these ones of my little baby girl - I took them at the beginning of the first lockdown!) and began arranging them on the page over my ink patch. I decided on making a bit of a trio and cut out this mint green cactus and the 'let's stick together!' from the 2x2 and 4x4 Elements paper. 

I fussy cut some love letters and typewriters from the Hello Love paper and arranged it around my cluster, along with a fussy cut love letter mail bag from the 2x2 and 4x4 Elements page. I really loved how that all tied together and went with the title 'Hugs & Kisses', which came from the Foam Stickers pack. 

I finished off my cluster with a fussy cut paper aeroplane from the 2x2 and 4x4 Elements page (with my journaling written around in a loop-the-loop behind it!), some sweet little flower stickers from the Combo Stickers and few more Foam Stickers. I also spattered a few darker coral watercolour paint drips. 

The Bazzill coral cardstock Arroyo coordinates so perfectly with this collection and my page, so I used a little behind one of my photos to mat it. I also layered my white cardstock page into some of the Bazzill Arroyo cardstock and then on top of a corner of the Wink Wink paper, distressing both of the edges and trimming it back into a 12x12 page with my guillotine. 

And there we have it! A sweet page full of kisses for my little girl. 

I can't wait to play with this collection some more! I hope you love it too and you have a lovely week. 

Bye bye for now, 

Meg x

No comments: