Wednesday 6 April 2022

Doodlebug - Great Outdoors - Explore

Hi everyone!

Claire (@scrappysoulmate) here and today I am sharing another layout using the fabulous Doodlebug Great Outdoors collection.

As you may have guessed, I am really enjoying this collection, and have made so many layouts with it, today I'm sharing my third.

 


I decided to document one of our many expeditions to the woods, and of course, the discovery of many muddle puddles!

Using Premium White Cardstock as my base, I created some messy mixed media using the packaging technique and adding splatters in a variety of Distress Oxides; Bundled Sage, Old PaperIced Spruce, Wild Honey and Peacock Feathers - these colours complement this collection so well. 

I find this Premium cardstock such good value - It handles mixed media well, so I didn't add any gesso - the mixed media was applied directly and I had no warping.

I cut a large circle of paper from the Wild Things paper, using the starry blue b side to anchor my design, whilst letting some of the mixed media splatters peek out from the sides of the circle. For texture, I distressed the edges and added machine stitching, placing my photographs centrally. I chose two of the same picture; one colour and one black and white for contrast - I really like the look this creates.

Within this collection is a paper called Tag Along - full of fabulous tags that are screaming to be cut apart. I really wanted to make a feature of these, so cut 6 tags from the sheet and positioned these around the circle. I added embroidery floss from my stash, threading it through each set of tags in one piece, with the ends loose to create a bit of a windswept look to mirror my photographs. I looped some of the thread, adhering this is place with a very small dot of Glossy Accents to keep its shape.


Then came the embellishing! I couldn't resist some trees, a cloud and the fence from the Odds & Ends  Friendly Forest Pack.


I also used some of the leaves to create a blustery feel, scattering these diagonally across my design.

The Adventure arrow (above) and compass (see below photo) are stickers from the This & That Stickers.

Underneath the fence posts, I created a small cluster using banners and some of the ephemera pieces from the Odds & Ends Chit Chat pack, fussy cutting some of the semi circular acorn and leaf clusters to pick out individual elements.


To finish the layout, I chose some older blue Thickers from my stash that matched some of the blue tones in the layout and pulled the layout together,


And that was the page complete!


I hope you've enjoyed this page as much as I did creating it. I really am having a blast with this one. There are so many fabulous elements you can really get creative!  There is still some of this collection in stock so head on over and check it out here.


See you soon

Claire x


No comments: