Wednesday 13 April 2022

Pinkfresh Studio Happy Heart - Lovely

Hello. Karen here today sharing a new layout using the Happy Heart collection from Pinkfresh Studio. This collection is one of two new collection from Pinkfresh Studio and it screams 'Spring'. The colours are from a typical Pinkfresh Studio pastel palette and the collection is full of images of flowers and butterflies and phrases with good vibes.


To start, I created a mixed media background on a sheet of smooth white cardstock using a watered down mixture of distress oxide ink in Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose. Once this was dry, I used some white Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste and a Moroccan style stencil (similar to this one from Kaisercraft) to create some texture on the layout. Splatters of blue watercolour paint were also added.


Next, I placed a scribbled circle cut file onto the layout next to where my photo would be placed and a short piece of white cotton lace was glued to the bottom edge.


My photo was a Polaroid style photo and was layered on top of the cut file with a white paper doily tucked under one edge.


Then, I fussy cut some windows from the Favorite Place paper. The windows were placed either side of the photo.


To give the layout more dimension I scored along the window shutters and folded these upwards. 3D foam was placed underneath the shutters to keep them raised. In the Ephemera pack I found some tiny plant pots so I added these to the window sills. 

Fussy cut flowers from the Happiness Blooms paper were layered around the scribbled circle.


Many of the papers in the collection are perfect for fussy cutting and I can see me using lots of the butterflies from the Beautiful Moments paper in addition to the three used on this layout. 


One of the titles from the Ephemera Titles Pack was ideal for the layout and nestled perfectly at the bottom of the photo.


Finally I added a few pink enamel dots to the layout before trimming the whole layout down to 11.75" x 11.75" and machine stitching it with white thread onto a sheet of 12x12 pink Romance Bazzill Cardstock.

Thank you for dropping by today. I hope that I've inspired you in some way and I'll be back again soon with another project.

Take Care,
Karen x x






No comments: