Tuesday 26 April 2022

April Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today to welcome you to the April Papermaze Kit, full of pretty pastel papers, cardstock and embellishments for spring and Easter themed layouts. I have created two layouts for my first post, with photos taken at Easter time.


Before looking at the layouts in detail, here is what you will find in the kit.

Patterned Papers:
P13 - Hello Spring - #02 & #06
Echo Park - My Favorite Easter - Happy Day & Picking Plaid
Photoplay - Hop To It - Spring Has Sprung
Lawn Fawn - Watercolor Wishes - Larimar
Bazzill Basics Cardstock: African Daisy & White


Embellishments:
9" washi tape, Lace, banner, 6 easter stickers, 2 3D bows, strip of enamel dots & 5 Perspex domes,
Rosie's Studio Puffy Stickers*

*Mini puffy alpha stickers had to be replaced with Pinkfresh Studios due to supplier issues beyond our control!


Optional Extra Bazzill Basics Pack:



Coral Cream, Nixon, Stonewash & Limeade


Egg Hunt - My children at their Nan and Grandads' house, about to hunt for Easter eggs in the garden.



This layout was inspired by the pretty spring floral wreath featured on the Hello Spring #2 paper. Having just purchased some Tim Holtz Sizzix dies to make some Easter cards, I decided they were perfect to use them on the layout too.

Using Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink I inked all the cut edges of papers and card.



I mounted my photo onto some Coral Cream Bazzill and with a craft knife I cut around the top of the flowers in the bottom right of the wreath, so I could slip the photo in place, and retain the flowers.



I used the chipboard banner and used three shades of Distress Ink to create shading. With Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Alphanumeric Label die set and African Daisy Bazzill, I cut the words EGG HUNT and glued them in place. Then I placed the banner towards to top left of the wreath. (Before cutting shapes from the African Daisy Bazzill, I gutted an area from the centre to use, leaving the remainder for the second layout - See below.)


Then I had fun with the dies from Tim Holtz, Sizzix Thinlits die sets - Papercut Chicks Colorize and Bunny Games. I used Bazzill from the kit and scraps from my stash. Once I had built and inked the eggs, chicks, bunnies and flowers, I arranged them around the wreath. Some of the die cuts were raised with 3D foam pads. 
 

I used three large egg die cuts to add my handwritten journalling and arranged them onto the page. Finally I added one of the bow stickers from the kit and a few Dew Drops from my stash.



Barbie Girl - Emily was not a Barbie fan so I was amused to find these photos of her, with the trainers and doll she received for her 5th birthday. For this layout I used an April 2022 Page Map Sketch.


I started by gutting the Happy Day paper, making a 2.5cm frame for my page with the floral side up. I trimmed the African Daisy cardstock to 29cm x 29cm and placed this centrally over the frame.

With the remains of the Happy Day paper I cut a piece 23cm x 23cm and placed this in the centre of the cardstock.

All my cut papers and cardstock was inked with Distress Inks, I used Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Salty Ocean.

I cut a piece of Spring Has Sprung paper 15.5 wide and 18cm long. I arranged my photos onto this paper (yellow polka dot side up) and placed it to the bottom right of the gingham paper. I cut a 12.5cm circle from the butterflies side of the Spring Has Sprung paper and this was placed to the top left of the page. 

I used the Cricut to create the title using some Barbie pink cardstock from my stash, I mounted this onto white cardstock and trimmed around the edges. The title was placed over the circle. 


Three small tags were die cut from white card using Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Tag Collection set. I added the date to one of these with the Label alpha dies I used on the previous layout, and some had written journalling. More journalling was added on strips of cardstock placed below the title.


With coloured jute twine from my stash, I embellished the tags and added some across the photos with another bow from the kit. 

That's all for today, back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

1 comment:

Maria Kana said...

I just applied for both an individual loan and an entitled Loan from Mr Pedro Jerome and his loan organization at the 3% rate I will be starting my loan repayment next month and it will really be helpful to anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Pedro Jerome on pedroloanss@gmail.com for individual or entitle loans with a simple loan repayment as mine.