Monday 1 August 2022

July Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today with my second pair of layouts using this kit. The July Papermaze Kit is still available in the shop and online. Featuring greens, blues, white and a touch of yellow papers and cardstock. A pretty and useful selection of embellishments are also included.

 Before looking at how these layouts were made, here is what you will find in the kit:


For full details of the kit please see PART 1.


Island Hopping - This layout shows photos of our sailing holiday last year.

To create my background for this layout I trimmed the white Bazzill to 27cm x 27cm. I inked the edges (of all papers) with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide Ink. With a Vicki Boutin Color Study Stencil I used Clear Embossing Ink to transfer the pattern onto the card. Then I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

With a blending tool and Distress Oxide Ink Pads (Chipped Sapphire, Salvaged Patina and Mermaid Lagoon), I applied colour over the card to highlight the embossed pattern.

I gutted the 'Documented' paper to make a frame of 4cm. With the heart side up, I mounted the decorated cardstock centrally over the frame. I cropped my photos and mounted them onto mats cut from the lined side of the Documented paper. 

My bunting triangles were cut from Paige Evans Splendid '#10' paper. I joined these with some navy-blue jute twine and applied them to the layout with 3D pads. 


I added an eyelet to a tag from the kit and tied some light blue jute twine through the hole.  This was applied just under one of the photos.

My Title and details were added with some glittery foam letter stickers from my stash, and the Authentique Petite Type alpha stickers from the kit.

Family History - This lovely photo from 1922, a real fashion plate, may show very distant cousins, but I couldn't resist scrapbooking the beautiful wedding portrait.


The beautiful 'Cotton Candy' paper, with its subtle lace, print and colour wash background was ideal for this 100-year-old photo. I used the same Distress Oxide Inks as above for inking edges and painting.

I picked this chipboard Ivy Corner from Dusty Attic, and primed it with a thin coat of Gesso. Then I applied colour with a paint brush, using Distress Oxide Inks, diluted on the craft mat.
I used Clear Embossing Ink which I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I glued this into position at the top right corner of the layout, leaving the hanging vines unglued so I could slip the photo under later.


I made a double mat with Arctic and Jetstream Bazzill. Then slipped this into place so the ivy hung over the top of the photo.



Using the Tim Holtz Thinlits die set - Crochet - I cut three lengths of lace, two from cream and one from Parakeet Bazzill. These were arranged below the photo. Using the same Bazzill I cut my title on the Cricut. 



My journalling was printed onto card and then die cut into a tag shape (TH Framelit Tag collection), clipping into the edges to create a distressed look. I threaded some green organza ribbon through the hole and tied a bow. I placed this beneath the title.


I clipped the word 'Moments' from the detail strip and popped this at the bottom of the layout.


With the Tim Holtz Thinlits die set - Silhouette Birds, I cut three of the nine birds in the set. I cut them in Arctic and Jetstream Bazzill, I shaded the lighter birds with Distress Oxide Ink and trimmed off the feet and beaks, before sticking down on the dark birds. Then I bent the tails on the dark blue birds so they showed alongside their lighter tails. I glued these in place along with the large paper flower from the kit.


I picked some small cream and white paper flowers from my stash and added them to the vines.


I punched some butterflies from the #10 paper, and arranged these over the page. I finished off with the pearls from the kit, adding one of the smallest to each bird to represent an eye.

That's all from the July Kit, I'm now busy working with the August Kit to bring you soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: