Wednesday 28 September 2022

Keep Going, Keep Growing - Paige Evans’ Garden Shoppe Collection

Hello, it’s Rebecca with you today sharing my very first layout created using Paige Evans’ new ‘Garden Shoppe’ collection. I’ve been a little bit excited for this collection and have been waiting (im)patiently for it to arrive - but it’s finally here and you can find it in the shop here.



For this layout, I wanted to scrap a photo of my little boy in a local sunflower patch. Paper #7 was perfect for this layout as it is full of clusters of yellow flowers. I’m not entirely sure if they were intended to be sunflowers, but that’s what they look like to me! I fussy cut the whole sheet to use the flowers as embellishments. Paper #8 also stood out to me as being perfect for this layout - the colours work beautifully with my photo and this gave me the idea to limit my colour palette to just yellows and greens for this layout. 


I cut my photo in a Hexagon shape, and then cut a hexagon from Paper #8. I matted both hexagons with coloured cardstock from the Bazzill Matchmaker Pack - again, sticking to green and yellow. 




Wanting to add a little ‘something’ to my background, I reached for a Tim Holtz stencil and my Distress Oxide Ink Pads. I chose to use the shades Mowed Lawn and Fossilised Amber, and with a blending brush, added some light ink through the stencil onto my background. I then also applied some ink directly to my background to fill in some of the gaps behind the hexagons. 





I adhered the two hexagons to my background with craft foam behind them to introduce some dimension to the page. With my fussy cut sunflowers, I then began to embellish the layout. I added some flowers to the edges of my hexagons, keeping a tight, central design. I also added some to two corners of the layout as I felt the outer edge of the page was looking too empty. I’m all up for lots of white space on a layout - but so long as it doesn’t make the page look too bare and empty. 





Selecting some stickers from the Sticker Book, I embellished further. I’ve added some of the stickers to white cardstock and cut them out to make them a bit more sturdy and to help them stand out on the page. I love how a lot of the stickers in this collection are foiled - they add a bit of bling to the page. 





I also added some of the Accent and Phrase Stickers. I love this 12x12 sheet of stickers - I always seem to notice more on it every time I look! 


I finished the layout off with some gold splatters. For this, I watered down some metallic gold acrylic paint and applied it with a paintbrush. 





I hope you like the completed layout. If you’d like to watch it come together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel here.





Thanks for reading! 


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft



2 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I want to scrap lift this layout ... it's really nice.

Rebecca Moore said...

Aww that’s lovely to hear! I hope you enjoy creating your version x