Monday 26 September 2022

P13 - Hit the Road - Summer Days

Hi everyone!

I know we're all now officially in Autumn mode, but I'm kicking off this new week with a little bit of summer scrapping - reminiscing, documenting all the fun adventures we had over the last few months.

Today I'm using the Hit the Road collection from P13. It's hugely versatile, and would certainly translate across the seasons to document any outdoor adventure.


I have to say, P13 have knocked it out of the park with this collection. The addition of all the different ephemera packs, tags, tickets, stickers and phrases has been so much fun to create with - the possibilities are endless and I still have plenty left over for several more layouts. I'd highly recommend them.

I started with some Premium White Cardstock and applied clear gesso as I planned to create a mixed media background.

Once the page was dry, I added a bit of water and used Distress Oxide Sprays in Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass. I love the combination of these colours and they are the perfect match to this collection so grab them whilst you can!


To create the sun rays, I used a dry brush and some Distress Oxide in Squeezed Lemonade through a sunburst stencil. This really helped to anchor my page and provides a central focal point to build the layout on top of.



I tore two strips of paper (Paper 4 and Paper 6) to echo the sunny blue and yellow tones. These papers are so beautiful in real life - the colours are absolutely gorgeous!

On top of the paper strips, I built my layout, starting with the frames from the Ephemera Frames and Words pack.



Around the frames, I build my forest using trees from the Ephemera Bits & Pieces pack and fussy cut from Paper 7.


At the left end, I added an embellishment cluster comprising elements again taken from the Ephemera Bits & Pieces pack and Paper 7.


I also tucked in some moss from my stash for extra texture.

On the right hand side, I created a secondary cluster to balance the page, using the Ephemera Bits & Pieces.



For my title, I used an acrylic piece from the Papermaze August Kit. There are a few still in stock if you want to add this gorgeous title to your stash :) 




As a finishing touch, I added a subtitle just above the acrylic piece, using the 'Pure Happiness' title from the Ephemera Frames and Words and tied some bakers twine across the bottom to reinforce the rustic feel of the countryside.

Hope you've been inspired by the pages I've created - I have certainly enjoyed making them.

I'll be back next month with a new collection. Until then, take care.

Claire xx
@scrappysulmate  


No comments: