Wednesday 30 November 2022

Always Look Out For Freebies

 Hello, Lisa here.

I'm sharing some trip journaling with you today. I love Christmas, but I love breaking up my December journaling with some normal stuff too.

I haven't started on my recent trip stories, so I'm kicking them off today inspired by this business card that I picked up at a restaurant in Celebration, Orlando.


Do you like to pick up freebies too?

Remember to keep an eye out, things like this are so handy and fun to include.

I'm using the paper collection from American Crafts designed by Paige Evans - Garden Shoppe which you can see here. It's so pretty.   



I'm working in my Disneyworld 50th Journal.

I've split this into 3 to document our trips this year.

If you'd like to see this page being made and other pages in my journal please check my YouTube channel here.


I laid out everything I had first and picked out my papers to match and also the die cuts that I was going to use. The collection compliments my photos so much. 


I ended up creating a page with a pocket and a little flip. 


The flip opens out to reveal the business card.

I used the large round die cut and cut in in half. One of the halves I've only stuck at the base so I could slide the card in to it.


And then I've journaled on the back of the card.

I used the paper with the hearts on here to use as embellishments.

I cut out the little squares, folded over and cut out the hearts from the centre and then not only did I have a little heart, but I was left with the negative too. 

The reverse of the the paper is pink, so I've used that here under the business card.


  


You can see one of the little hearts that I cut out here on the right.

I created this little pocket by tearing one of the papers down and sticking in. I wanted to include this photo but most of it was hidden away, but I really like it and didn't want to hide it. So I've matted it on one of the paper and then stuck to another but only by the top piece so the it could slide over the top.

Another way to embellish, I've cut some word strips from this paper here. 


And then I've journaled on the back of my photo so it's hidden once in the pocket.


Then I've also included a couple more photos under the photo cards.


I'm so pleased with how this page has turned out.

It was so relaxing to make and this collection is just so pretty.

I hope you've enjoyed this.

Please don't forget to check out my processes video here on the 1st Dec.

And don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for freebies.

Thank you so much. Have a fun December.


Lisa xx  


No comments: