Monday 21 November 2022

Pinkfresh Studio - Simply The Best - Joy

Hello,

Claire back with you today, sharing my second layout with Simply The Best from Pinkfresh Studio.

Have you noticed there are lots of papers in collections that include lots of cut apart elements? I never really know how to use them, so for this page, I'm making them the star of the layout!

I'm adding in an extra challenge by not using any white cardstock! 

I may have mentioned last time, I just adore this collection, so scrapping without a white cardstock base is easier than I thought as there are so many pretty papers to choose from.


I selected a piece of Bazzill cardstock in shade Aspen from the Matchmaker Pack as my starting point. I layered the Mood Booster paper on top. It's a little greener than shown in the picture, but is a beautiful modern grid/ledger design that makes a really lovely background.

I tore the bottom quarter off and layered a small piece of Iconic paper underneath for a pop of blue.

Next - for the cut aparts! I used 4 from the Roll With It paper, along with a cut apart tag from the Happy Times paper, a large tag from Journaling Bits pack, positioned under the photo and the smaller yellow tag from the Cardstock Ephemera Pack.


To prevent the elements looking like they were 'floating', I cut a thin strip of the Worth The Hype paper and used this as a sort of shelf for my design.

I layered each of the cut apart pieces horizontally across the page, laying some flat, and raising others on foam to create extra interest. (I added gold eyelets to the tags and string from my stash). I distressed the edges of each piece and folded back a few corners for extra dimension.

The 'Today' piece contains a blank space for journaling, but it provided the perfect space to hold my photo, which I backed in the Iconic and Happy Times papers.


I embellished the photo with pieces from the Cardstock Ephemera pack and tucked under a small tag from the Happy Times paper.

Next, I added some extra embellishments across the design, focusing on circular elements to soften the hard lines of the cut apart sheets. First, I used a chipboard flair.


I complemented this with some ephemera pieces and labels from the ephemera pack.



My 'Joy' title uses the green Puffy Alpha Stickers, and I sprinkled a few Enamel Dots as a finishing touch.


I hope you've enjoyed the layouts I've made with this collection, and they've inspired you to get creating.

I'll see you next month with some more fun projects.

Take care,
Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


 

No comments: