Friday 11 November 2022

Pinkfresh Studio - Simply The Best - Love This!

Hi everyone,

Claire here and today I'm excited to be back with a new layout using the Simply The Best Collection from Pinkfresh Studio.

I've heard it said that this collection has quite a masculine colour palette - It is packed full beautiful tones of blue, green and hues of neutral browns and creams that really do inspire you to scrap anything and everything - I just love it. I think it is one of my favourite collections of the year!

For my first layout, I'm focusing on THAT paper - you know the one - full of blue diamonds in an ombre blue colour. I am slightly obsessed with this paper. It's called Just Chill.


As soon as I saw this paper, it reminded me of a 3d wall pattern that draws you right in. I decided to add to the dimension I felt but cutting two of each shade of squares from the paper and folding them into quarters to create a pyramid effect and cascading them vertically down the page.

Once I had rough placement in mind, I added gesso and three shades of ink, stencilling and splattering over them in the same shade once dry:


To secure the squares to the page, I overlapped them and added Glossy Accents just to the corners of each square and left them to dry before embellishing.

From the Cardstock Ephemera Pack  I used the green date strip as an anchor down the centre of the page, from which my tags would extend from. These were fussy cut from the Happy Times paper.


Next, I added a frame from the Chipboard Frames to back my photo before raising on foam and adhering to the patterned paper squares.


The Today's Stories and Adventures subtitle is from the Ephemera Pack, and I added more embellishments from the Puffy Stickers and Cardstock Stickers packs.


The puffy stickers were raised on 3mm foam for extra dimension, whereas the cardstock stickers I added with small foam pads as they were easier to manoeuvre on to of the raised squares.


For a little bot of contrast from the squares and harsh edges, I added some clusters of enamel dots and a round chipboard flair before finishing off with some black and white splatters.


I hope you like how it turned out. I enjoyed making this so much! Can't wait to pop back with another layout later this month.

See you then!

Claire xx
@Scrappysoulmate




No comments: