Monday 27 March 2023

American Crafts Blooming Wild by Paige Evans - Hello There Cutie

Hello. Karen here again with my second project using the fabulous bright and cheerful Blooming Wild collection by Paige Evans for American Crafts. I love this collection! The bright colours really making me happy. For today's layout I have used a favourite photo of my daughter from quite a few years ago and paper #10.

Paper #10 is full of colourful strips of different widths and I started by cutting apart all the strips using my paper trimmer.


I then made rosettes from some of the the paper strips. Different width strips make different size rosettes and for some of the smaller rosettes I didn't need to use the full 12" length. I also used some pale purple cardstock and a strip cut from paper #21 to make some rosettes, to ensure I had all the colours I wanted.


To embelish the smaller rosettes I glued sequins to the centres and the larger rosettes were embelished with butterflies from either the pack of Ephemera Icons or fussy cut from paper #22


I then glued all the remaining strips (and part strips) of paper horizontally onto a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock leaving a slight space between each strip and lining them up along the left edge of the paper. As I had used some of the strips to make the rosettes, I filled in the missing gaps with additional strips cut from paper #21 or cardstock.

Using some matching embroidery thread I hand stitched on top of some of the printed designs to give the layout some texture.

The whole sheet was then trimmed slightly and matted onto a sheet of Bazzill Violet Lupine (Purple) 12x12 cardstock.


Using white thread I machine stitched all round the edge of the layout.


My 6x4 photo was placed on the right side of the layout where the part cut strips had left a white space. I embellished the photo with floral die cuts from the Ephemera Icons pack and also added a word plaque also from the pack. Many of the die cuts in the ephemera pack have holographic foil accents which are really pretty.


The rosettes that I had made earlier were then added to the layout.


The rosettes were used to embellish colour on colour - blue on blue, pink on pink, etc.


Finally I added the date in the bottom left corner using small white foam number stickers from my stash and a scattering of silver sequins to echo the holographic accent on the word plaque.

I hope you love this collection as much as I do. Vanessa has the full collection in the shop here

I'll be back again soon with another project.

Take Care
Karen x x

No comments: