Friday 31 March 2023

Using Junk From Your Trips

 Hello,

Let's talk 'Junk' today.


I think most of us have to confess to collecting all the bits and pieces when out on a trip.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You come home from a day trip or a holiday with so many freebies.

Menus, paper bags, napkins, receipts, leaflets, maps, beer mats....   


Today I'm using up some of these bits on a page in my Disney journal.

I've chosen a paper coffee cup holder, a Starbucks paper bag and a giant tag that was put on our suitcase when we transferred resorts.


I'm using my leftovers from the PinkFresh Studio from the Flower Market collection here.


This pink paper here gave me 'It's a Small World' vibes, so that became my background paper.

I stuck the Disney 50th paper coffee holder down and realised that the super huge orange tag from our luggage was the perfect fit.


So using the PinkFresh Ephemera and the Vellum Ephemera and some scraps of matching papers I decorated these giant tags.



The page was made by sticking down a Starbucks paper bag from a Disney park.
This worked so well as it also meant I had an extra pocket for me to document more stories. I had lots of stories from this particular day : )


So, I had a lot of stories to tell on this day, but they've all been hidden.
The first is under the tag here,


And then this pulls out from the Starbucks bag.


I love that it's hidden and it's a great way to add extra photos and stories.


Even this little green tag has a story on the back of it.


It's such a fun way to document a trip, using up bits that you've bought home.

And having so much fun with such a pretty paper collection.


I hope you like these ideas today.

I also have a process video if you'd like to watch this page coming together here.

Have fun telling your stories.

Lisa xx

No comments: