Wednesday 8 March 2023

Happy Day - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Life in Bloom Collection

Hello, it’s Rebecca with you today and I’m really excited to be sharing my first layout created with Simple Vintage Life in Bloom - another beautiful collection from Simple Stories. The colours in this collection, mixed with the pops of black, are just simply stunning and I’m loving creating with it. I’m also loving that there are some new products with this collection - including rub-ons, ephemera and washi tape! You can find the full collection in the shop now! 




The patterned papers in this collection are beautiful, so I wanted to create a layout which showcased several of them. To do this, I decided to cut circles from several of the papers. I’m a sucker for circles and hexagons on a layout, and it’s my go-to technique when I want to use lots of different papers, without overcrowding the page and making it look too busy. To cut my circles, I used a set of metal nesting dies. These allowed me to easily cut several circles of varying sizes. 




I arranged the circles on my background - offset slightly and more towards the right hand side of the page, and with a circular photo in the centre. I decided to go for a black and white photo today - mainly because there were so many different colours in the photo and I thought it would take away from the beautiful colours in the collection - but also because the collection has pops of black, and so a black and white photo seemed the obvious choice! 


With my circles and photo in place, it was time to add my title. I selected the ‘Happy Day’ Foam Sticker as it describes the photo perfectly, but also because I felt it was well-suited to a circular photo and had a natural spot for the photo to nestle in. 




Now it was time to add the beautiful florals! This collection is certainly not short of florals - it has floral patterned papers (perfect for fussy cutting), Floral Bits and Pieces and florals in the sticker book, so I was spoilt for choice. I selected a couple from the Floral Bits and Pieces, and some from the Sticker Book and arranged them around my circles. 




I embellished further with a couple of fussy-cut butterflies from the ‘Shine Bright’ patterned paper, a few chipboard hearts from the chipboard stickers, and a couple of phrases from the element stickers.




As my design was offset towards the right of the page, it left me some space on the left, which I felt needed some colour. I tore a strip of floral patterned paper and layered it with some bazzill cardstock behind it for contrast. I then added a chipboard sticker and a tiny fussy cut butterfly to finish. 




I absolutely adore how this layout turned out. I always love the Simple Vintage collections from Simple Stories but this has to be one of the most beautiful collections I’ve ever seen. It’s definitely love at first sight!




If you’d like to watch this layout come together, there is a process video over on my YouTube channel.  


Thanks for reading, I’ll be back later in the month with another Life in Bloom layout. 


Take care,


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: