Monday 13 March 2023

Simple Stories - Wildflower - Cherish Today

Hi everyone,

Claire here, and i'm popping in with my second layout using the Wildflower collection - this really is such a gorgeous collection. I think it's definitely going to be one of my favourites of the year and we're only in March!


This time, I'm focusing on the patterned paper, using it firstly as my background, and secondly, enjoying lots of fussy cutting to create a sweeping floral design across the page.

The base of my layout uses the b side of the Journal Elements paper. It's a really lovely soft teal colour, with a very dainty pattern that works perfectly for a background paper.

To this, I added my circular photo, which I mounted on the Breath Deep paper and framed it using a 'Leafy Wreath' cutfile from Anetts Designs.


Across the bottom, I created a small subtitle, using the pretty yellow banner from the Combo Stickers.


Next the fun part!!  The Flowers! This collection really does have the prettiest floral papers I have seen in a long time. The choices - and possibilities - are endless!

I used the Complete Bliss paper, fussy cutting both small and large clusters, as well as individual flowers and leaves to stretch across the page - but honestly, any of the floral papers in this collection would work just as well. They're all stunning!


I started in the top left corner, raising some on foam, and leaving some flat, curling the leaves to create movement and dimension.


Once all the florals were in place, I began to add some smaller embellishments. I took a bird and a butterfly from the Combo Stickers, raising these on foam to sit in amongst the floral clusters.




I added a few small sticker hearts also sprinkled some Pinkfresh Studio Jewel Essentials in Peach Fuzz, Sky Blue and Ballet Slipper - they're the perfect hint of sparkle and match the colours in this collection so well.

To the right of my photo was an open space, ideal for creating a large title. So I took the opportunity to use two of the Foam Stickers.


I adore these. They're my favourite element of Simple Stories collections so I was delighted to get two on a page. They sit just to the right of my photo and pull in all the colours of the design. Just the job to finish the page off.

I hope you have enjoyed this layout - I certainly enjoyed making it.

See you next time.


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate

No comments: