Monday 16 October 2023

October Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today, with the amazing, colourful collection of papers and embellishments from the October Papermaze Kit. Here are the first two of five layouts I have created with this kit.

Here are the details of what you will find in the kit:

 

Patterned Papers:
Pinkfresh Studio - Sunshine On My Mind collection - Poolside
Crate Paper - Moonlight Magic collection - Pixie Dust
Photoplay - Sweet Sunshine collection - Sun Rays
49 and Market - Vintage Artistry Sunburst collection - Ray of Sunshine 
Shimelle - Main Character Energy collection - Blue Skies & Zoom In
Bazzill Basics - White & Evening Surf

Reverse side of papers

Embellishments:
2 exclusive acrylic clouds, 2 mini doilies, 3 - 49 and Market Chipboard word pieces, 3 Paige Evans Chipboard Milk Caps, 6 Paige Evans Floral Ephemera pieces, 3 wooden banners, selection of Rosie's Studio Puffy Phrase Stickers and a strip of enamel flower gems. 


Extra Bazzill Basics Pack - Berry Sensations, Lily Pond, Blue Calypso and Amber.

Celebrate - This layout shows my daughter Emily, at a celebration for two family wedding anniversaries, and just a month before her own wedding.

I selected the Blue Calypso Bazzill from the kit as the background for this layout. With two different Tim Holtz Layering stencils I inked large dots (THS06 Dot Fade) above where the photos will go and tiny dots below (THS002 Bubble). I use Picket Fence Distress Ink and a blending tool to make a bad of dots across the centre of the layout.

Using 'Pixie Dust' paper from the kit, I used half the sheet to cut a selection of different sized hexagons using a set of dies from Memory Box - Hexagon Layers.



I printed the small photos and trimmed them all to the same size (about 7.5 x 6cm). Then I arranged the photos and hexagons onto the layout.


I used a puffy word sticker from the kit for my title and scattered multi-coloured sequins over the Bazzill, to match the colours in the paper. Finally, I used a Uni Ball Signo White Gel Pen to add my journalling.


Little Red Devils - Sunshine on a Rainy Day
- My three little ones trying on new rain suits back in 1994.


I wanted to bring sun and rain together in this layout. For this I used the cloudy 'Blue Skies' paper, cutting sun rays using a cutfile. I distressed the edges of each piece and placed them onto the sheet of Evening Surf Bazzill. I then flicked Picket Fence Distress Paint and Winter Frost Distress Mica Stain over the page.


The photo was mounted onto some red Bazzill.
I created a rainbow using scraps of cardstock from my stash and a Poppystamps Rainbow Arch die. These were arranged onto the layout together with the Papermaze exclusive acrylic clouds.


To reflect the rainbow colours in my long title, I used Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup stickers to spell out the title and the date. I included a little strip of birds from the manufacturer's strip.


Finally, I added journalling under the cloud at the bottom of the page.



That's all for today, I'll be back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: