Friday 4 October 2024

Mintay Papers - Autumn Splendor - Sweater Weather

Hello, Karen here, with my first layout using the new autumn collection from Mintay Papers - Autumn Splendor. This collection has a beautiful soft colour palette with lots of autumn related images of pumpkins, leaves, cute animals and more. 

I started my layout with a sheet of smooth white cardstock and using a small brayer I added some brown acrylic paint to the centre. 

I applied the paint quite thickly so that it created texture and the paint strokes were clear to see. Once the brown paint had dried, I then splattered some watered down white paint on top.

Using paper #9 I cut several half inch strips and placed these in an L shape to create a shelf for my 3"x4" photo to sit on, which was placed where the paper strips intersect.


Around the photo I layered various pieces from the die cut pack. There are 60 die cuts in the pack so there were lots to choose from.

Some of the die cuts were layered with 3D foam underneath to give some dimension to an otherwise fairly flat layout. I absolutely love the die cut pack and had to be careful not to get carried away and add too many pieces to the layout!

A title was added using some Mini Alphabet Thickers from my stash.

I trimmed the layout down to 10" square and matted it onto a sheet of Bazzill Fawn cardstock and using white thread machine stitched round the edges. The layout was completed with a scattering of sequins from the Picket Fence Woodlands mix .

I'm really enjoying creating with this collection and hope I've given you some inspiration for scrapbooking your autumn photos. 

Take care and I'll be back again soon with another layout.

Karen x x


No comments: