Wednesday 9 October 2024

Halloween - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Scary Stories

Hi everyone, it's Rebecca with you today and I'm super excited because it's October, and October means only one thing for me... Halloween! I couldn't let the month go by without sharing some Halloween layouts, so here I am with my first one, created with the Simple Vintage Scary Stories collection from Simple Stories. You can find the full collection in the shop here


I started with a sheet of the 'Spooks Galore' patterned paper. I love the black-on-orange design on this paper but it was a bit too bold to use as a background paper. To help balance it out and give me some white space to create with, I trimmed down a sheet of white cardstock, tore the top and bottom edges and then distressed it all quite heavily before placing it on top of the patterned paper.

I gutted the centre of this sheet and then used the reverse side to introduce a darker tone to the layout. On top of this, I positioned my photo, matted on white cardstock and then a patterned paper from the 6 x 8 Paper Pad. Behind my photo, I layered two tags from the Tag Elements patterned paper.


For my title, I selected one of the Cardstock Stickers as it echoed the colours in the patterned paper bordering my layout nicely. I first applied the sticker to plain white cardstock, and then trimmed around the edge to leave a small white border to help the title stand out more on the page.


Around my photo, I embellished using elements from the Bits & Pieces, the large skeleton die cut from the Page Pieces and some spiders from the Sentiment Bits & Pieces,


To finish off the page, I added a few sequins and a hand-doodled black border to both sides of the white cardstock. 

I adore the traditional halloween colours of this collection. They are my favourite to scrap with so I can't wait to dive back in to create more layouts. I also can't wait to see what everyone else creates with this spooky collection!

Take care

Rebecca x 

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: