Wednesday 2 October 2024

September Papermaze Kit - Part 2

 

Lynn here today, I'm back with my second post using the lovely kit from Papermaze for September.  There is a clever combination of geometric patterns and floral papers.

 Here is what you will find in the kit:


Patterned Papers:
Paige Evans - Adventurous collection - #10 & #24
Vicki Boutin - Bold + Bright collection - Great Day
Echo Park - Happy as Can Bee collection - Busy Busy Bees
Echo Park - Sunny Days Ahead collection - 3x4 Journalling Cards
P13 - Travel Journal collection - #03

The photo below shows both sides of all six papers in the kit:


Embellishments - Prima In Full Bloom Flower, Pinkfresh Making the Best of it alpha sheet, 3 frames 49 and Market Colour Swatch Ochre, 2 Rosie's Studio Born to Bloom acetate words,
2 P13 Travel Journal Tags, 12" Lace, A pinch of Pinkfresh Matte Gold Pearls.


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Beeswax and Whirlpool (in main kit).
Smoky, Apricot, Fig Swirl and Twig (in extra pack).


Knit One, Purl Two, Teach Three - My three children on holiday in Norfolk, Aunty Barbara was showing them how to knit.


I used a sheet of CS White Bazzill for this layout. Using a Vicki Boutin Stencil from the Fernwood collection (Greenery set), and Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Broken China and Spiced Marmalade), I worked a knitted effect background randomly over the page.



I used the same inks, each mixed with a little water, and flicked over the stencilling. I cut the  Great Day paper in half, one half was cut into fine strips of 1cm and 1.5cm wide. These were then cut into different lengths. The other half sheet of the paper was used to cut flowers and leaves from. To create these, I used the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits set - Funky Foliage.



I arranged two photos and the strips of paper onto the Bazzill. The white strips were placed at the base, where I planned to add my journalling. Next I placed the flowers and leaves into three clusters. around the photos.


My title was created with three different packs of Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup puffy letter stickers (Bubblegum, Swimming Pool and Coral. I scattered
Matte Gold Pearls from the kit over the layout.


I added the journalling to the strips of paper. Nuvo Glitter drops were painted onto the flower centers. Finally, I covered the photos with a protective piece of plastic sheeting, then added a few flicks of black Distress Paint over the clusters.



Inverewe Gardens - While in Scotland earlier this year we stayed near Loch Ewe. These photos were taken in the walled garden of Inverewe Gardens.


For this layout I chose the Paige Evans Adventurous #10 paper, including both sides. I found a chipboard scalloped circle frame from an old set by Technique Tuesday. I drew around the inner circle of this onto the back of the paper. Then I cut the circle out about 1cm away from the pencil line on the outer side of the pencil line.



I painted the chipboard with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint, then dabbed more pains over this with a sponge. I used Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Picket Fence.


I then rebuilt the page, with the A side of the paper as the background and the B side inside the circle, I did this by gluing them both to the back of the chipboard circle.


Using Beeswax and Whirlpool Bazzill and some white card scraps, I cut flowers and leaves using Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set - Funky Floral. I added these to the chipboard circle after inking the tips of the petals with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.


Using more of the Beeswax Bazzill I die cut the title and date using Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlit Alphanumeric Theory Die Set.


I scattered some aqua pearls onto the page, then I added my journalling to the page.


That's all for the September kit, I'll be back with the new kit for October soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: