Wednesday 21 July 2021

Echo Park A Slice of Summer - Create Your Own Sunshine

Hello, Karen C here with a final layout using the Echo Park A Slice of Summer collection.


I started with a 12"x12" sheet of white Bazzill Cardstock and onto this I placed a sheet of the Summertime paper which I had trimmed about a quarter of an inch from each edge. 


I found a sunburst cut file in the Silhouette Store and cut this from my favourite Craft UK smooth white cardstock. The sunburst was stuck to the top of the layout and using my sewing machine and white thread I stitched round each sun-ray.


I matted three photos which were slightly smaller than 3"x4" in a row on white cardstock and also added machine stitching to the photo mat. A piece of the Squeeze The Day paper was added to the bottom of the layout and the photo mat was placed on top of this.


I also included one of the 3x4 journalling cards in the row of photos which acted as a title for the layout.


I created a cluster with die cuts and pieces cut from the sheet of multi journaling cards to the lower right corner of the layout. I added blue bakers twine to the tag and a puffy camera sticker from my stash to the cluster.


I cut a speech bubble from the sheet of multi journaling cards and added this to one of the photos as well as an epoxy circle with an image of flip flops from my stash. I've had the epoxy circle for ages and thought that this was the ideal opportunity to use it on a layout about my daughter paddling with her shoes on. It also introduced some blue to that area of the layout.


Finally journaling strips were typed on the computer and added beneath the photos.

Thank you for popping by today. I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I've used this collection and that it's inspired you to scrapbook your summer photos. 

Until next time, Take Care.
Karen x x

No comments: