Monday 26 July 2021

Carta Bella ~ Summer #3



 Hi all, it’s Anna back with you today to share my third and final layout using Carta Bella’s Summer collection. 

You can take a look at my first layout here, my second layout here and the collection in the shop here

To create this layout I began with a sheet of 12x12 bazzill avalanche. I then used a sun cut file as a stencil to create the background. I cut it out about an inch smaller than 12x12. I used the distress ink shade fossilised amber and inked through the cutfile to create the sunshine background. I allowed it a short time to dry and then trimmed down the cardstock. I mounted it on the b side of the 4x4 journaling cards patterned paper, gutting it beforehand, to reuse the middle. 

I then selected my photograph, a square 5x5 picture and mounted it on to three of the patterned papers; So sweet tags, summer stamps and summer strawberries (all b side). 

I then selected a couple of pieces from the multi journaling  cards paper, tags paper and ephemera

I created a cluster of embellishments around my photo and adhered one of the cut apart pieces that I wanted to use to the top left hand corner. I added some Pom Pom trim underneath to tie it in with the main cluster on my layout. 

In my main cluster I added a prima flower from my stash and tied a piece of twine around the tag. I added a sticker ‘say cheese’ from the P13 collection summer vibes sticker sheet to the tag.

For my title, I used a foam sticker ‘dream big’ from the Simple Stories simple vintage cottage fields foam stickers. As the photo was taken on the Euros final day, the title felt appropriate for my football mad son. I also added a couple of the hearts too. 

Thanks so much for looking, I'll be back soon with a brand new collection..

Have a great week!

Anna 

X


No comments: