Friday 9 July 2021

Pinkfresh Studio Happy Blooms - Find your Inner Peace

Hi everyone!

Claire here with you and I'm sharing my first project made with the Pinkfresh Studio Happy Blooms collection.

Pinkfresh is one of my favourite brands and this collection does not disappoint! It's full of spring vibes, lots of florals, butterflies and pretty patterns. You can find the full collection here.

For my first layout, I wanted to document a recent trip to the UKs oldest blueberry farm and their flower fields which I saw an article on in a magazine.  I didn't realise it was only 25 minutes down the road so off we set!


I started with white textured Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack. I printed the photo in a circle so wanted to mirror the shape across the page.  I found a template for some paper rosettes on my cricut, which cuts the strips and adds score lines which you then fold manually, and glue together to crease the rosette shape. You don't need a machine however, and can find lots of tutorials on YouTube.

I used the pink Cottage paper, green Handkerchief paper and the beautiful blue Garden paper to create the rosettes, before adding a small circle of paper to the centre with a hot glue gun to secure in place.


I layered these in a vertical pattern down the centre of the page and cut a few flat circles to place as a mat underneath, creating a base to add floral clusters.


I used the A and B side of the Embroidered paper and the Heirloom paper for this.

I had left a space for my circular photo, which I mounted on a piece of teal green cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack. I distressed the edges and lay it onto a doily from my stash.


Next, I selected some florals from the Floral cardstock Ephemera and arranged these around the rosettes and paper circles to create a bit of interest and help frame the design. To this, I added some butterflies, fussy cut from the Homegrown paper.


I created my title using multiple fonts from the coordinating alpha sets - the larger green Puffy Alpha Stickers and the mini puffy alphas. To help the smaller alphas stand out against the green rosette, I mounted these to a small piece of vellum first and then laid in position.


I added a small sub title to the rosette, using a phrase from the Cardstock Ephemera pack and a chipboard butterfly from the Tando Creative Chipboard Butterflies, which I pained with Shimmerz paint.

 

As a final touch, I used some of the new Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Crystals Mix in Ballet Slipper, scattering them around the page for a bit of sparkle - Keep an eye out for these - they'll be hitting the shop soon, and in my opinion, these are of of those "need" items!! They are awesome!



And that was it for my first page! I really love how this one turned out and am looking forward to sharing more of this gorgeous collection with you soon.

Take care,
Claire








No comments: