Saturday 17 July 2021

P13 Summer Vibes - Fun and Sun by Meg

Hello all! 

Meg here today, sharing my second layout using P13s gorgeous Summer Vibe collection!


I absolutely love fussy cutting P13s papers so that's the very first thing I did here - starting with some beautiful large tropical leaves from the Summer Vibes Paper #07. I picked out Paper #06 as my background as I thought the colourful world map would be great for one of my holiday snaps. 


I always try to incorporate some texture into my scrapbook layouts to stop the page from feeling flat - sometimes I do this by using natural wooden chipboard (like these ones in the Summer Vibe collection), fabric, texture paste or mixed media backgrounds, folding paper. On this page I decided to tear out the middle section and roll back some of the edges, to break up some of the colours in the background. I backed it with my go-to white Bazzill Avalanche cardstock, which has a lovely subtle texture to it and is just great quality. 


After that I picked out my photo and backed it with some dark wood effect cardstock - it was actually the packaging from the Decorative Tags #2 packet, but it just matched the wooden door in my photo perfectly and I liked the contrast with the lighter background. 

I fussy cut some more pieces - some pink Converses, tropical clusters, the wooden signpost, a parrot, some more foliage and a cocktail - from Paper #07, focusing mainly on some of the pink pieces. I arranged my photo and the fussy cut embellishments around the edge of the rip I'd made, with some pieces peeking out from between the sheets and with a larger cluster on the corner of my photo. 

I added a few banners from the packet of Decorative Tags #2 in the top right corner, some journalling and I stamped on my title 'Fun and Sun' onto the wooden signpost and tucked it in behind my photo. I finished with a painted pink border around the whole page to tie it all together, a plane charm from my stash and some flat back gems dotted here and there (I just love a bit of shine, especially on a sunny page)! 


And there we have it - a sunny tropical page for some treasured holiday memories. I hope you enjoyed my page and that we all get some sunshine today worth scrapping! 


Take care and I'll see you again here soon, 

Meg x 

No comments: