Friday 17 May 2024

May Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today, with the pretty spring Papermaze kit for the month of May. The kit is available from the store and online from today.

Here are my first two layouts.
I have worked with some recent photos, a hen party and a spring garden outing.


Here is what you will find in the sunny kit:


Patterned Papers:
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Spring Garden collection - Scatter Sunshine
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Essentials Colour Palate - Yellow & Green Tags
P13 - Naturalist collection - #04
Mintay Papers - Spring is Here collection - #05
American Crafts - Cedar House collection - Headliners
Carta Belle - Here Comes Easter collection - Pretty Plaid


Embellishments:
Doily, Prima flower, Divine Twine, 3 postage washi stamps, 6 Simple Stories Floral Bits & Pieces, Vicki Boutin Layered paper clip, 1 strip Prima Say it in Crystals, selection of Pinkfresh Studio Chipboard Frame Stickers and 2 Pretty Little Studios Die cut labels


Bazzill Basics Cardstock:
Yukon Gold & CS White (in kit). Lily Pond, Blossom, Rosewood & Coffee Roast (extra Bazzill pack).


Hen Party - Photos from a recent hen party my daughter attended, at a spa in Norfolk.


I love both sides of the delightful 'Scatter Sunshine' paper from the Simple Stories, Simple Vintage Spring Garden collection; so, I decided to divide it in half diagonally and use both sides. With the floral edge, along the base, I glued both pieces to a scrap piece of 12" x 12" paper.



With three photos arranged along the join between both papers, I continued to cover the join with the Floral Bits & Pieces ephemera from the kit (and a few from my own stash).  I curved the pieces with the scissor blade and attached them with 3D foam pads.


I added my main title using Doodlebug Designs Sunshine Cardstock Alphabet Stickers in Bumblebee. Then with Doodlebug Designs Teensy Type Alphabet Stickers also in Bumblebee, I added the date and a mini title.  These last two details were placed onto the Pretty Little Studio die cut labels from the kit. To make the letters pop from the background, I drew a fine black line around each letter.


My journalling was typed onto white card, then cut into fine strips, inked with fossilized Amber Distress Ink and glued to the page.


Spring Blossom - These photos were taken on a recent trip to Bressingham Gardens in Norfolk.


I used the Cedar House Headliners paper as the base for this layout. Then with the Spring is Here #05 paper, I cur around the clouds, creating two pieces 12" wide, and added these to the top of the page to create sky! I overlapped the two layers with some foam in-between to raise the top layer over the lower one.


I trimmed my photos into 3.5" squares and mounted them onto some white card. Then arranged all three in a row onto a strip of the Coffee Roast Bazzill. This was placed to the right side of the photo. I placed more foam under the bottom half of the cardstock, to match the higher level of the cloud paper.


With more of the Coffee Roast cardstock, I cut two branches using the Sizzix Tim Holtz, Thinlits set - Mini Tattered Florals set. Then I made blossom using a Martha Stewart punch and scraps of the Romance Bazzill. I arranged all the die-cuts onto the page to look like falling blossom. A small dot of Nuvo Crystals Drops (Metallic Caramel Cream), to the centre of each bloom.


For my title I used two different sets of glitter Thickers - Lindsay and 'Be Kind'.


That's all for today, there will be more from this kit in a few weeks.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: