Monday 6 May 2024

Simple Stories - Pack Your Bags - Explore

Hello,

Happy iNSD and Bank Holiday weekend! I hope you've all been having a blast and finding a bit of time to squeeze in some scrappy fun!

I've had the pleasure of creating with the new travel collection from Simple Stories called Pack Your Bags. I love to take hundreds of photos whilst travelling, so I was excited to get my hands on this collection and it did not disappoint.


The collection is full of bold bright colours, perfect for travel photos. To break up the colour I opted for a white cardstock background, using a sheet of Bazzill Classic Smooth White from the Matchmaker Pack. 

To add some interest to the background, I grabbed a stencil from an older Simple Stories collection called Going Places. I used distress oxides (Blueprint Sketch, Wild Honey, and Candied Apple) and a blending brush in colours to match my patterned papers.

Next, I cut 3 pieces of patterned paper (Enjoying the ViewSeeing the Sights and Lets Go Everywhere) roughly 4"x5", machine stitched around each piece and distressed the edges before raising on foam on my page. 

To bring in all the colours, I backed my photograph in the 4x6 Elements paper and then began to embellish! 

I created three small clusters using elements from the cardstock sticker sheet, ephemera bits and pieces, Foam Stickers and Journaling bits and pieces packs.  By mixing the colours and materials, laying some flat and raising some on foam, each cluster draws the eye into and across the layout, adding depth and interest. 


For my title, I used the Foam Stickers. These are just perfect! They're always my favourite element of a Simple Stories collection because they pull all the colours together. 


I hope you've enjoyed this colourful page. It was so much fun to make and I can't wait to share more with you later this month. 

You can shop the collection in full here.

Happy scrapping! 

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


No comments: