Friday, 25 September 2026

49 and Market - Glimmer and Glee - Part 2

 

Lynn here today, with more from the 49 and Market's pretty pastel Glimmer & Glee collection. As explained in the previous post, collection has water colour style images, which are great for documenting parties and birthdays. The palette is a clever mix of pretty corals, pinks, yellows, blues and greens. Here are my next two layouts using this collection and featuring birthdays, cakes and celebrations.


Happy 3rd Birthday Poppy! The first of these layouts features my great niece's birthday party.




For this layout I chose the Celebrate paper from the collection, this actually has cupcakes printed on one side, but I selected the reverse side with the pretty leaf trellis design down the left side. It also has a large bordered area which I felt was perfect for two photos to be showcased, side-by-side. I printed two pictures, 3.5" x 5", and placed these into this area. 


Using the Cricut, I selected a font with a deep shadow, I cut the shadow from Yukon Gold Bazzill, and the top layer of letters using Toast paper. I inked these up with Mustard Seed Distress Ink, and then layered them together before arranging onto the page. I glued most of the title and date to the page, with the exception of '3rd' which was mounted using 3D foam pads to give it some volume. 


From the Glimmer and Glee Laser Cut Elements pack, I selected several images. - A banner to hang from the top centre, balloons for the top right, A large birthday cake, two cup cakes, a flower and 2 party hats for the bottom right corner of the photos. I also chose the gifts, a flower and a drink for the bottom right of the whole layout. some were glued flat, others raised with more 3D foam pads.



With a selection of multicoloured pastel gems and sequins, I decorated the page to add a little glam.


Happy Cake Day - My granddaughter celebrating her 2nd birthday at our house, a few weeks after her birthday.


I selected the Hooray paper for the background this time. The is a subtle illustration of cake at the bottom left of the paper. 



I selected six small photos and mounted them individually onto spare white cardstock, then I mounted them in two rows of three onto the remains of Toast paper. I arranged these right up to the side edges of the layout, one on each side. 



Using the barcode strip trimmed off the page, I cut the statement into five smaller parts, and mounted the pieces down the right side of the page, using 3D foam pads.


I made my title with Yukon Gold Bazzill and a blue cardstock, I used the Spellbinders- Classic Pooh - Pooh's Alphabet, Numbers & More die set. I mounted the title across the centre of the page. The date was created with Paige Evans' Adventurous Thickers foam alphabet stickers 



From the Glimmer and Glee Laser Cut Elements pack, I chose two banners and strung these from the paper edge to the photos on each side of the layout. Then picked more elements and added these to the page.


With a scrap of paper from the collection I cut a small strip for my journalling and attached this to the bottom of the layout. Finally, I scattered colourful sequins over the page. 

That's all from me with the Glimmer and Glee collection, I'll be back with a new collection soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: