Wednesday 16 December 2020

A Jar full of Winter Magic......Stamperia

 Hello Everyone


Anita here with you today and I have something a little different to share in my post. I have used some beautifully magical and wintery papers from the Winter Tales Collection by Stamperia. It has a very delicate blue palette and you can almost feel the chill when you look at the beautiful designs on these double sided papers.


I recycled a couple of jam jars for this project, much better than just throwing them out in the bottle bank!


The sheet of Winter Tales Cards has some gorgeous panels on it, so I decided on my favourite 2 and cut them out. By pasting them with PVA  to the back of the jars, face side down, it then enabled the image to be seen from the front of the jar ( this is known as reverse decoupage).  
 Once the glue was dry I also then brushed across the back of the image with  PVA to seal it in.


I left an open *window* on the front of the jar and covered the rest of the jar using some fine mulberry paper, also known as rice paper. This gives a nice softness to the glass and a softer glow when lit from inside.

I cut a couple of complimenting tags from the Winter Tales Frames sheet,  which I then decorated with Liquid Pearls and Stickles before adding ribbon and silver snowflake charms to.


The gorgeous sheet of  Winter Tales Poinsettia 

is covered with lots of gorgeous blooms, so I cut several out and layered them up, curling the petals to give some dimension. I added some sparkle with some Stickles and Liquid Pearls and then popped the blooms at the top and the bottom of the jars

#


Dots of Liquid Pearls and beautiful Stickles were placed all round the edge of the window and created a delicate, pretty frame.

 

Pale blue organza ribbon was wrapped around the top of the jars and double bows were tied, I also added a silver jingle bell to one jar.


I popped some foam, glittery snowballs in the bottom of the jars and then added a glittery LED sparkly night light into each jar....and voila!!  All done.... and they really do look rather pretty when they are lit up!



I hope you have enjoyed my post even though it wasn't a scrapping one.
Don't forget to pop over to the SHOP and see all the amazing products on offer and New Products being uploaded all the time.

Merry Christmas and Happy Creating to you all!
Warmest Wishes
Anita xx

No comments: