Monday 21 December 2020

Echo Park - Winter Magic - Snow Day

Hi everyone,

Claire here with you today and I'm back with the beautiful Winter Magic collection by Echo Park.

The collection captures the spirit of winter perfectly with lots of beautiful blue and aqua tones. Todays page features another photo from my Iceland trip from a few years back.  It really is one of the most scenic and magical places I have ever visited - so different to my usual holiday destinations.



I was excited to use the 4x4 Journaling paper. The B side of this paper is absolutely stunning!  It's almost as if the paper is glistening!

I decided to tear the paper and layer it against a strip of the Magic Snowflake paper. Both of these were placed on a sheet of blue Jetstream Bazzill cardstock. I just love these pale blue shades - match made in heaven for cold, snowy photographs.

To add a little extra texture, I was super brave, and stitched a fancy pattern down the edge of the paper. I also created a small cluster using a banner and circular snowflake from the ephemera pack. I added a small wood veneer star, thread and cut a silver banner from glitter cardstock I had to hand.


Because the paper is so striking, I really didn't want to cover very much of it up so I decided to opt for a minimalistic design. I layered my photo onto a piece of Rain Bazzill cardstock, and added a layer of tissue paper and glittered silver card from my stash.


Behind the photo I made a small cluster, using a tag, banner and small frame from the ephemera pack and a snowflake from the sticker sheet.

I positioned the photo onto a strip of B side of the 3x4 Journaling Cards paper, which was raised on foam pads for extra definition.


I also added some Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Paste to the top left and bottom right behind the photo using a snowflake stencil.

To the left of the paper strip I created another cluster, using embellishments from the Sticker sheet and some thread.



I used the Snow sticker to form my title, and used some Pinkfresh Studio So Cool Puffy Alpha Stickers to spell out 'Day'.

As a final touch, I scattered some wood veneer stars across the torn papers and around the photo and it was finished!

I hope you've enjoyed this layout and are all geared up ready for the festivities in just a few days time! 

In the meantime, stay safe and warm and have a very Happy Christmas!

Claire
xxx

No comments: