Monday 7 December 2020

Echo Park - Winter Magic - Let it Snow!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday! It's Claire here and I can't believe we're already a week into December!  Down on the South Coast it's been relatively warm until last week when we have definitely seen a chill in the air and I know some of you even experienced snow over the weekend - how exciting!!

I was never a fan of cold weather but all that changed when I took Mr Claire away to Iceland for his birthday.  I'd never had a 'cold' holiday before, but I completely fell in love with the country - especially the beautiful scenery.

When I saw the Echo Park Winter Magic collection in the shop, I knew it would give me the perfect opportunity to scrap some of my photos from the trip.  


I started my layout with a piece of Bazzill cardstock, shade Admiral.  I decided to use a Christmas Tree cutfile on my page from Peartree Cutfiles but wanted a wintery background to lay it on.  I grabbed my snowflake stencil and some silver glitter texture paste and set to work.


I added some white splatters with white acrylic paint and started backing my cutfile while I waited for it to dry.

Now - the paper - Oh my goodness - I LOVE this paper! I used the B side of the aptly named Let It Snow paper which has a blue ombre background and little which snowdrops on top. It is absolutely beautiful.


I tore a strip of the Magic Snowflake paper to sit my trees on and then set about positioning my photo. I backed the photo with the A side of the Magic Snowflake paper and positioned it towards the bottom corner of the page. I raised it on foam pads and layered it on top of a strip of the Snow Angels paper.




I fussy the 'Today was Magical' phrase from a banner in the Ephemera Pack and added some stickers from the Elements Stickers to create a small cluster around the picture.

I also fussy cut some snow globes from the Multi Journaling Cards paper, along with the Let it Snow banner that I placed on the trees.


Behind the photo, I added a tag from the Ephemera Pack and looped some silver string from my stash.  I loved this phrase and will add some journaling to the back to document the activities of the day.



Finally, I added three rows of white stitching around my page and finished with a few sequins and some large blobs of Nuvo crystal drops to look like snow.


And that was the page finished! 

I rarely scrap on dark coloured cardstock but I would highly recommend it. I am thoroughly enjoying this collection - It has so many stunning papers, perfect for winter scrapbook pages and as you may imagine, it is proving very popular so head on over to the shop and check it out here.

I'll be back in a few weeks with some more wintery pages from this gorgeous collection.

Until then, take care.
Claire
xxx



No comments: