Friday 9 April 2021

Cocoa Vanilla Studio Sunkissed

Hello. Karen C here again. Today I have a layout to share with you using the new Sunkissed collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. If you like bright sunny collections, this is right up your street! The collection celebrates all things Summer and is full of bright juicy colours and is perfect for documenting past and future summer memories. 

My layout today is of my daughter on the beach and uses all the zesty colours in the collection.


Inspiration for my layout came from a sketch on Lets Get Sketchy although I didn't stick too closely to the sketch.


I started with a sheet of the Feeling Fine paper which after trimming a quarter of an inch from each edge I mounted on a 12 x 12 sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and then using a black gel pen drew round the edge. 


I used a hexagonal die to cut several hexagons from papers from the collection as well as from some of the pockets cards, doodled round the edges of these and stuck them on the layout to the left of where my photo was to be placed.

My photo was double matted on white and black cardstock and then placed on the layout with 3D foam underneath.


From the Fun in the Sun cut apart sheet I cut a strip of rainbow stripey paper and placed this next to the photo.  I attached a strip of white cardstock next to this that I punched with a border punch and on top I attached a thin strip of the B side of the Feeling Fine paper. To add some texture I added some cross stitches to the paper strip using white embroidery thread.


One of the pocket cards was added to the layout with 3D foam underneath.


The Growing Wild paper is perfect for fussy cutting and I cut some of the florals from the paper to use as embellishments.


The word Sunkissed was cut from the packaging containing the pocket cards and was placed on top of the fussy cut flowers. 


In the top left corner of the layout I created a cluster with some of the die cut ephemera pieces

To complete the layout I used some tiny letter stickers from my stash to add the date and place and dotted some gold sequins around the layout.

I hope I have inspired you to pull out your sunny summer photos and document those memories, or perhaps have a go at using a sketch, The Sunkissed collection is available in the shop now.

Take Care,

Karen x x 

No comments: