Wednesday 14 April 2021

April Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today with the first of two posts showing you what I have created with the April Papermaze Kit. This kit is full of spring & Easter, pretty pastel papers, card and embellishments, including an exclusive acrylic treat!

Here are my layouts:

As always, let's find out what is included in the kit:

Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Bunnies + Blooms collection - Tags
Echo Park - Welcome Spring collection - Bumblebee Breeze
Echo Park - Welcome Easter - Pastel Petals
Echo Park - Welcome Baby Girl collection - Dreamer Floral
Kaisercraft - Flower Shoppe collection - Conservatory
American Crafts - Paige Evans - Go The Scenic Route - #12
Bazzill Basics - Avalanche & African Daisy

Embellishments:
Large doily, 4 buttons, 12" washi tape, 5 paper flowers, 1 resin rose, diecut polaroid frame, 3lines gold puffy phrase stickers, 3 large pearls, clear stamp, exclusive acrylic phrase.

Extra Bazzil Pack - Quartz, Wisteria, Hillary & Jetstream


Bloom Where You Are Planted - For this layout I used a professional photo of the children taken at a Twins Club event Easter 1998.


The base for this layout is the Echo Park Baby Girl 'Dreamer Floral' paper. I cut an egg shape from the Quartz Bazzill - this is roughly 23cm tall x 16cm wide. I worked around the edge with an eyelet tool making holes about 0.5cm in from the edge and 1cm apart. With some DMC Petra cotton and a 2.5cm hook - I croched around the outer edge of the egg. I only made the stitches where they would show, there are no stitches under the photo.

The large photo was mounted onto some foam and applied over the egg. I chose two tags from the Simple Stories Bunnies & Bloom 'Tags' paper. I inked the edges with Forest Moss Distress Ink. I punched a hole in the top of each tag and applied a large coloured brad through each hole. These were arranged at the top left of the layout, tucked under the egg and photo. A ribbon bow was attached to the top tag.

Using two sets of Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits dies (Funky Nature and Feathered Friends), I cut three eggs, two birds and a selection of leaf fronds. I used Bazzill Hillary, Quartz and African Daisy. I inked the pieces with Forest Moss, Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed Distress Inks

The birds were attached with foam tape to add dimension. The leaves were tucked behind the large bird in the bottom right corner. The eggs with some left over fronds from the leaves were added to make a nest bottom left. The small bird was placed top left of the photo. 


With alpha letter stickers from my stash I added the word 'Easter' and the year to the tags.

Finally I applied the exclusive acrylic phrase from the kit to the top of the egg, and the resin rose to the tags.


Hello Fabulous - A photo of my daughter, delighted with a new sun hat!


For this layout I distressed the edges of the card and paper and inked them with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. The border of this layout is the Paige Evans - Go the Scenic Route #12 paper, I gutted this to give me a pink floral border 4cm deep. Over this I placed Wisteria Bazzill trimmed to 24.5cm x 24.5cm, and gutted to make a frame 2.5cm deep. Then I topped this off with the Avalanche Bazzill trimmed to 23.5cm x 23.5cm.

Before attaching the Avalance Bazzill I used a floral stencil from my stash and worked some Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide through with a brush. I splattered this with some drops of water to create some oxidation. I also flicked over some Shimmerz Inklingz (Corny Flower Blue) and Shimmerz Spritz (Cotton Candy).

I mounted the photo onto Wisteria Bazzill. I then cut four pieces from the Kaisercraft - Flower Shoppe - Conservatory paper; these were the same size as the photo. I arranged them under where the photo will lay fanned out across the page, with two pieces window side up and two pieces floral side up. The doily from this kit was placed over these and then the matted photo on top.

I cut another tag from the 'Tags' paper, added a brad to the top and strung two lengths of twine through the hole, tying them in a bow. This was tucked under the photo on the right of the layout. My journalling was added to the tag.

I placed a flair badge bottom right to the photo, and flowers from the kit over the page. I added a title using the gold puffy word stickers. Finally I scattered some sequins and sparkly bits over the multi-media on the page. 


That's all for today, back with more soon.

Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: