Saturday 7 August 2021

Echo Park - Farmers Market - 'Ciao' for Now!

Hi Everyone and a warm welcome back to the blog!

I'm here sharing my first layout with the fabulous Farmers Market collection from Echo Park, and boy it's a fun one!

There are so many awesome papers, colours, patterns and ephemera pieces - you can really let your creativity run wild!

I grabbed the opportunity to use this collection with both hands - I thought it would be perfect to document the story of our first ever visit to the New Forest and Hampshire County Show back in 2019.


I decided to start with this layout, using a photo that I actually took on our way out of the show, where we discovered this HUGE cow - a perfect opportunity for a photo, right?! I couldn't resist a play on words for my title, replacing Ciao for now, with 'Cow for now!'

I started with a piece of white premium cardstock and cut a circle from the Gather Floral paper, to look like a sun. I distressed the edge of the circle for a bit of extra texture.

Using it as the anchor for my page, I built the design around it. I loved the large barn on the 4x6 Journaling Cards so fussy cut this, layering it on foam pads on top of the sun and and strip of the Multi Journaling Cards paper. I love these two gingham papers - they scream countryside and farming to me so I thought they were perfect for this layout.

Next, I got my 3"x4" photo and mounted it on to a bit more gingham patterned paper, this time in blue from the b side of the Produce Scale paper. I slipped the photo just under the barn, raised on some smaller foam pads for a bit of definition. This also allowed me to tuck in some extra embellishments around my picture.


Around my photo, I layered some stickers from the Element Stickers sheet, fussy cut a floral tag from the Multi Journaling Cards paper and a jar from the 4x6 Journaling Cards paper.


Underneath my photo, I added a small red tag saying 'So Lovely' from the Frames and Tags pack.

To balance the page, I made a small pinwheel from the Farmer Floral paper, secured with a glittered gem from my stash.


I also added some floral stickers from the sticker sheet around the edges of the barn, and a few Nuvo Drops around all the clusters in yellow, red and black.


Finally, the fun title! I followed the curve of the sun, using navy blue puffy alphas from the Reaching Out collection. Once the title was in place, I added my journaling underneath in black pen.


I absolutely love how this layout turned out. It came together really quickly as there were so many statement pieces available for fussy cutting, which the stickers complemented perfectly.  By also using different depths of sticky foam the layout also has lots of dimension.  I've tried to capture on the image below:


I hope you've enjoyed this one as I've some more layouts to share with you using this fun collection throughout August.


Until then, take care.

Claire

xx

No comments: