Monday 2 August 2021

July Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here, today I'm sharing part two of my makes using the pretty, floral July Kit. Part one can be found HERE. The kit is available in the shop or online.

This time I have scrapped a pair of photos taken of my daughter when she was on a school trip to The Isle of Wight.


You can see the details of what is in the kit
HERE.

Hello - I love this photo of Catherine looking out from the window in an adventure park - I had scrapped it many years ago, but decided it needed a new look!


For this layout I wanted to use the pretty papers from
Prima's Watercolour Floral collection, both Dreamy Florals & In the Water Garden.

I chose a white background by using the Avalanche Bazzill.
I added some mixed media to break up the starkness of this, by using Distress Oxides Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac, Black Soot and Kitsch Flamingo.

I placed each colour onto the craft mat, spritzed with water then sprinkled onto the Bazzill.
The same colours were used to ink the edges of torn papers, die cuts and fussy cut images.

I tore a 10cm strip from 'In The Water Garden' to place across the middle of the Bazzill (floral side up). Then I tore two 1.5cm strips and tucked these under the wider strip, above and below the floral paper (lilac side up).  I mounted my photo onto the lilac side of the paper too and tore round the edges to leave a narrow mat.

Before sticking the photo in place I used one of the 49 and Market rubons, positioned so it would peep from the top of the photo.


I used the Prima Watercolour Floral ephemera, arranging them on the page, I also added a few fussy cut flowers from the paper. I trimmed off the white outlines from the ephemera so they all looked similar.

I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set - Funky Wreaths, both Prima patterned papers and Heidi Bazzill to create the two wreaths. I selected phrases from the 'Dreamy Florals' paper, and used the die to cut these, arranging them so the words would form the centre of each wreath.  I cut several wreaths and some of the extra leaves to build up the outer rings of the wreaths.

I fussy cut a butterfly and some leaves to arrange near the top of the page, scattered the sequins over the layout and added a title with some puffy alphabet stickers.



Friends Together - Another photo from the same holiday, Catherine with her friend.


For this layout I used the Wildberry Pie Bazzill and the 'Deep Breath' paper, I used both sides of the of paper.

The Bazzill was gutted to give me a frame of 2.5cm (30.5 x 30.5cm).
I trimmed the floral paper to 29.5cm x 29.5cm, and gutted this to make a frame 4cm deep.
Next the remaining Bazzill was trimmed to 22.5cm x 22.5cm, and gutted to make a frame 2.5cm deep. Then finally the left over paper, already measuring 22cm x 22cm and flipped over to the blue trellis side.

The edges of the papers were distressed and inked, before being assembled in order of size, centrally on top of each other.

My photo was mounted onto more of the Bazzill.

I took two paper doilies, and cut them both in half, then arranged them under all four sides of the photo. This was all glued in place.

Using the Tim Holtz Brushstroke Flowers #1 Sizzix Thinlits die set, I cut both flowers and several of each of the leaves from watercolour paper. These were coloured with Distress Oxide Inks to match the papers. I colour washed the pieces then splattered them with water and some more of the colour. Once dry they were assembled and added to the page with 3D foam.


I used some puffy phrase and alphabet stickers from my stash (Truly Grateful - Paige Evans - Pink Paisley and Just A Little Lovely - Pinkfresh Studio), to create a title.

Finally I scattered the silver heart stickers over the layout.


Thanks for looking, I have quite a lot of paper, card and embellishments left, so will see what else I can create.
Lynn x

No comments: