Friday 5 November 2021

Carta Bella Welcome Autumn - Leaves are Falling.....

Hello, Karen here with another layout to share using the Carta Bella Welcome Autumn collection and a cut file from Paige Evans.

Using my Silhouette I cut the Leaf Banners Background cut file by Paige Evans from a 12x12 sheet of smooth white cardstock and backed the leaves with paper from the collection - Autumn Air, B side of Perfect Pie, B side of the 3x4 Journalling Cards and Crisp Leaves. 


I also backed some of the leaves with some rose gold glitter card that I had left over in my stash from making some cards.


The cut file was then stuck flat on top of a sheet of Simple Stories Sn@p Basics - Walnut/Cream Dot paper. I really love the Welcome Autumn collection but I wished it contained some woodgrain papers. I looooooooooooove woodgrain papers and think they are particularly good for autumnal layouts and the Simple Stories paper was perfect. The dark brown background really made the other colours and my photo pop.


My 5x7 photo was matted on some white cardstock and attached to the right side of the layout with some 3D foam underneath to give it some dimension. To make it look like the photo was hanging from the leaf banner, I added some small wooden pegs to the top of the photo and also tucked an image from the Seasonal Squares paper under one of the pegs.


Letters die cut from more of the glitter card were added along the banners for my long title.


I wanted to add some sequins to the layout (for extra sparkle) but unfortunately I didn't have any in the right colour, so I used a couple of hole punches to punch some dots from the glitter card and added these to the layout instead. Finally, watered down white acrylic paint was splattered over the layout.

The Welcome Autumn collection can be found in the shop as well as a tonne of other crafting goodies. Hop on over for a peek.

I will be back again later in t he month with another project, but in the meantime Take Care.
Karen x x



No comments: