Wednesday 17 November 2021

P13 Time To Relax collection - 'Loved' by Meg

Hey hey everyone, 

I'm swinging by today to share my second layout using P13s stunning floral Time To Relax collection. I've absolutely loved playing with these beautiful colours, they are so rich and vibrant! 

So with this page my main drive was just to create a cluster around my photo and layer up some of those beautiful fussy cut flowers. P13 flowers layered together just create such a soft pretty effect! I began by fussy cutting a few clusters from Paper #01, Paper #7 and thought about what sort of background I wanted on my page. 

I decided I wanted a long quote to go with my photo - I found it on Pinterest and it says 'I am happy out here. Messy hair, dirty feet and water on my skin. Out here with the wild things; this is where I belong'. It fits perfectly with how I think of my toddler and it goes so well with my photo of her in the garden doing some digging! 

I used my We R Memory Keepers Punch Board to cut out the quote, which I used as a stencil. I used a Zig Brushables Pen in the Fawn colour to draw in the quote on a wide strip of Bazzill Coconut Swirl cardstock and used this as a background in the middle of my page. 

I matted the white cardstock with Bazzill Sweetheart (which matches the pinks in this collection SO incredibly well, including B side colour of Paper #03) and I fussy cut two borders from the Time to Relax Paper #4, which I tucked in on the top and bottom of the wide strip. 

Next I began to create the cluster around my photo - using a wooden frame fussy cut from Paper #7, the fussy cut florals, a pink banner from the packet of Banner Die Cuts and some white leaf sprigs that came from a wreath cutfile by Paige Taylor Evans. 

I used foam to pop up parts of the cluster and add some dimension, before adhering to the right lower side of my page. I journalled in the opposite corner and finished my page with a few more pieces of foam to pop up parts of the floral borders, some puffy phrase stickers, the 'Loved' puffy title from my stash and lots of flat back gems from Little Things From Lucys Cards to add some sparkle! 

And there we have it, my second page complete! I hope you liked it and that it's possibly inspired you in some way! 


I'll be back again soon with another layout, but in the meantime I hope you stay well and scrappy, 

Meg x 


No comments: