Saturday 6 November 2021

Echo Park - Fall - Pics Amongst The Pumpkins

Hi everyone, and a very happy November!

I love Autumn - the crisp air, clear blue skies and all the colours that the season brings.  One of my favourite activities is to go Pumpkin picking and when I saw the Echo Park Fall collection in the shop, I knew it would be perfect for documenting my last trip.


The collection contains some beautiful colours - full of warm red, yellow, orange and brown with some beautiful blue papers that offer a perfect contrasting colour.

I started my layout with a sheet of White Premium Cardstock. I love this smooth card - it's my 'go to' for every layout and a real staple of my craft stash. Next, I grabbed a sheet of red Bazzill from the Matchmaker Pack and made 3 rosettes in various sizes, by using different width strips of card and folding in hills and valleys to make a concertina.


To create a base for my design, I used two strips of paper. I used the 'b' sides of the Whisking Leaves paper (about 4" wide) and a much thinner strip of the 3x4 Journaling Cards paper (about 1" wide). I positioned these in the bottom half of my page, layering one against the other for contrast.

I stuck the orange paper flat and the blue strip on foam for dimension and interest.


Once they were in place, I grabbed my photos and mounted these with the blue 'b' side of the 4x4 Journaling Cards paper. For extra texture, I raised each photo on foam pads, overlapping them slightly to create depth.


The, the embellishing began!  I mostly used the Element Stickers for this - they are awesome! So many great elements on this sheet and so much fun to play with - a real must if you buy any of this collection.  I backed most of them on cheap copy paper so I could move them around the page while I decided on their final position.


I layered them with my rosettes, some gold leaves I have left from Jen Hadfield's The Avenue collection and some fussy cut wreaths from the 'b' side of the Journaling Cards paper.

 


To finish the page, I added a title using some mini alphas from my stash and added a few Nuvo Drops in Bright Gold.

I am really loving this collection and the contrast of the blue against the warmer orange tones. It's not a colour combination I would usually opt for but it is creating some really striking pages - perfect for all your Fall scrapping as the name suggests :)

I'll be back again later this month sharing another page with this collection. Until then, you can find it in the shop here.


See you soon.

Claire x


No comments: