Wednesday 3 November 2021

'My World' by Meg, with P13s Time to Relax

Hey all, I hope you've had a spooky fun weekend and I'm so glad you popped by today to see my new layout! Today I'm sharing my 'My World' page using P13s beautiful floral collection, Time to Relax

I started this page using a globe cutfile by Paige Taylor Evans, but unfortunately my Cricut misbehaved and only cut half the globe so I ended up freestyling the rest and cutting out out by hand! Which just goes to show you can try this layout without a cutting machine. I used an old wood grain paper I had in my stash already, from an older collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio - it was one of the Unforgettable collection papers. The wood grain was a nice dark colour though that complimented the P13 collection nicely, so I wanted to pair it up. I think Time to Relax would suit any wood grain paper though, if you have any to hand! A solid colour cardstock would also look nice - Bazzill cardstock in the purple Bouquet matches Time to Relax perfectly! 

I only used the stand part of the globe on my page in the end and decided I would use the globe part as a template (seeing as it was only half-cut!) for hand stitching. I drew in the squares on the globe using pencil and used a pointy tool to poke holes, before hand stitching across the squares in a random pattern using gold metallic thread. The white background paper was Paper 02 and I'd added a little 'Shaded Lilac' Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, which adds a little more colour on the globe. 

I decided to create two clusters opposite each other on the globe and so began positioning fussy cut flowers around my photo on the lower left. The fussy cut flowers were from Paper 07, Paper 01 and some of the purple foliage came from Paper 05. I used a frame from Paper 05 to back my photo (which was printed in black and white and contrasted against the rest of the colours on the page) and a banner from the paper die-cut garland pack, to give some more depth behind the photo. I finished this large cluster with some small pieces of chipboard which came from my stash, but P13 released some chipboard embellishments as part of the Time to Relax collection (including these leaves here) which are ideal! I tucked in a few brassy toned charms and a small purple cutfile (again from Paige Taylor Evans, cut in the pile Bazzill Bouquet cardstock) behind the whole cluster for some added interest. 

For the smaller cluster opposite, I used some more fussy cut flowers, some fussy cut pillows from Paper 07, a purple scooter sticker from the pack of Stickers 03 and I created my title using white alphas for the 'My' and a banner from the paper die-cut garland pack cut apart for the 'World'. 

Finally I added some journaling around the edge of the globe. 

I'm really pleased with how this turned out and I just loved fussy cutting those florals - they really are a big bang for your buck! They create such soft and pretty page and I can't wait to make something else with them! 

I hope you enjoyed my page today and thank you ever so much for reading. Take care and I'll be back again soon, 

Meg x

No comments: