Monday 7 February 2022

Echo Park - Day in the Life - Smile!

Hi everyone,

Claire here sharing my first layout for February!

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the Day in the Life collection by Echo Park which you can find in the shop here. This collection offers endless possibilities - it's perfect for pocket life pages with cut apart sheets and the months of the year, whilst also providing beautiful colours and patterns for more generic themed scrapping.

I've opted to create with the b sides of the collection, focussing on pretty spring colours.


I opted for come colour blocking, creating a mixed media background behind each of my 4" squares. For the mixed media, I used art crayons, but you could just as easily use Distress Oxide inks to create the same effect.

I used a cut apart from the February Paper saying 'Hello Sunshine'. The beautiful striped colours inspired my colour scheme and design.


I cut the same sized squared from the April, June and October papers, and machine stitched around each square, distressing the edges for additional texture.


I matted my photos on some white tissue paper and positioned these to overlap the squares. They are slightly smaller at just under 3".

To embellish, I fussy cut some flowers from the January paper and rained these on foam pads around my photographs.


Next, I took the Element Stickers, mounting the camera on foam to pull all the colours together and create some extra dimension.


I also used some banners, word phrases, tabs and clips from the sticker sheet, adding extra interest across the page.




As a final touch, I added some large white Alpha Thickers from my stash to create my title ' Smile' - perfect for our selfie photos and happy vibe of this layout.


And that was the page done! Hope you like it and it gives you some inspiration on how to use this versatile collection.

See you soon.

Claire xx


No comments: