Monday 21 February 2022

Echo Park - Day in the Life - Life is Magical

Hello,

Claire here @scrappysoulmate, sharing my final layout with the beautiful Echo Park Day in the Life collection.

Todays page is quite a minimal layout, but one with lots of layers and elements to bring it all together.


I started with a piece of my favourite - White Premium Cardstock. I applied some Gesso and left to dry. Once it had fully dried, I stitched a circle (well almost - I went a little off course at one point but I'm happy with how it turned out) to act as my anchor for the design. 


I created a small patch of mixed media using Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass (the Oxide is currently sold out but the Distress ink is still in stock).

Next, I cut some strips of the April, June and October papers, punching the edges of two, to create a nice scalloped edge, and stitching through the third for extra texture.


I placed the strips on foam pads on top of my mixed media, so that the ink could still be seen from either side of the paper.

I mounted my photo on the August paper, using the darker blue to help the photo mat stand out.


To the top left and bottom right of the photo, I created lots of dimension and texture by fussy cutting lots of florals from the January paper and a rainbow from the March paper.


I stuck most on foam pads and left the leaves loose, so I could curl, bend and fold them to create movement.


For my title, I fussy cut one of the phrases from the cut apart cards from the June paper and raised in on foam to sit alongside my photo.


To the bottom left of the photo, I added some Element Stickers, using the pink and yellow colours to match the patterned paper.


At this point, I felt the page was a little too bare - even for me! So I tore some pieces of the pretty floral paper from the August paper. This helped frame the page and tie in the photo mat and some of the darker flowers in my floral clusters.


As a final touch, I sprinkled some Pinkfresh Studio Jewels around the floral clusters for that unbeatable bit of sparkle, and followed the line of the stitched circle to add my journaling.


I hope you've enjoyed the pages made with this collection. You can find them all on the blog and the collection in the store here.

Until next time,

Claire

@scrappysoulmate

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout and perfectly explained thankyou 😊

Claire Louise said...

You're so welcome. I hope you enjoyed the blog x