Saturday 5 February 2022

Some Bunny Loves You

Hi There

It's Anita here today with a layout to share using the Graphic 45 Woodland Friends Collection.

 What a delightful design on these papers...full of foxes, playful deer, bunnies, racoons and tiny birds all hiding in amongst the foliage, toadstools and flowers. And it was perfect for scrapping this photo of my dear little Grandson and one of his favourite bunnies.



The layout was based on a sheet of Be Wild and I gutted a large section fro the centre of it and popped it to one side for fussy cutting later. Using a sheet of Bazill Cardstock in the shade of Springtime  I trimmed approx 1cm off the top and also the left hand side of the sheet so that when it laid onto the backing sheet it allowed a frame of the patterned paper to show all around the edge.
I also gently splattered some fine copper paint splats using an artists fleckle brush.

 I wanted to add a large dimensional element to my layout and chose the sheet called Be Kind

With the bunny side facing me I folded each side into the centre until all 4 joined and I used a bone tool to make the creases nice and sharp. I then folded each side back out as shown below. The exposed the bunny design and also added some nice dimension to the layout without actually being all bulky.


After matting the photo on some matching cardstock, I popped some 3d foam pads under it and placed it in the centre of the aperture. Even though I thought he looked incredibly cute surrounded by all those little bunnies I really loved the other animals on the sheet that I had gutted earlier, so I then sat and fussy cut several of them out .

 

They were then layered around the edge of the folded frame in various places.

I also cut some strips from the sheet of  Be Carefree and used them on the top and bottom section of the layout. G45 are typically known for their very *busy* papers and sometimes they can be quite over powering when you first see them. But they are a delight to fussy cut and use for embellishing various areas of your pages and cards.


I cut the * You Make My World Happy* panel from the same sheet and added 4 copper brads onto the 4 corners. Then placed it at the top of the layout. I guess I thought of it as a title for the page really



I finished the page by using a couple of stickers one of which is a tag, so I added some raw silk ribbon and finished it with a copper brad.

So that's my 1st layout using this gorgeous collection. There is a great selection of G45 products in the shop.....along with lots and lots of other manufacturers....and with New Stock constantly arriving Why not go grab a cuppa and sit down for browse....you deserve a treat!


Happy Crafting!

Warmest wishes

 Anita xxx

 

No comments: