Wednesday 16 February 2022

February Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today to share a new kit from Papermaze. This is the February kit, full of subtle natural colours and here are my first two layouts. You will find the kit in the store from today. 

 
Before looking at the layouts in more detail, this is what you will find included in this month's kit.

Patterned Papers:
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Weathered Garden - Journal Elements & Fills My Heart
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin - Fernwood - Gather
Carta Bella - Gather At Home - Garden Guru
P13 - There Is No Planet B - #02
American Crafts - Maggie Holmes - Market Square - Home & Garden
Bazzill Basics - Aqua & Cinder

Reverse Side of papers

Embellishments:
P13 Alphabet Stickers, 1/4 sheet Simple Stories Foam Stickers, 2 Simple Stories Chipboard Clusters,49 & Market Chipboard Frame, 2 exclusive wooden fern leaves, 12" linen ribbon and 12 Pinkfresh pearls


Extra Bazzill Pack - Yukon Gold, Twig, White & Avocado

Kool Kiwi - This layout has hidden journalling telling the story of the Kool Kiwi mascot and a special teacher the children had from New Zealand.

The base for this layout is the beautiful 'Gather' paper from Vicki Boutin with a wreath of fern leaves. They reminded me of the All Blacks rugby logo, so set me thinking of this lovely story. All I had to do was build my layout within and around the wreath.

I used the fern leaf stencil from the same collection as the paper to add several large leaves to the centre of the paper using Forest Moss and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide Ink.


I made a folder for my journalling which doubled as a mat for the photo. I used the P13 '#02' paper (I gutted this paper first as I wanted it to frame my next layout.) I also cut a tab adding the word 'lift' with stickers (AC Thickers Happy Life foam letter stickers); to indicate there is something to see inside. My journalling was typed and printed onto white paper and placed inside the folder. I glued the folder into place with the photo attached.


I made a large cluster at the base of the wreath with wood slices cut from Kraft Bazzill and the Tim Holtz Tree Rings Mini Bigz die and embossing folder set. I inked the slices with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink to highlight the rings and bark. 


To the cluster I added the two wooden fern leaves and some of the chipboard words from the kit. I added a few small blossoms from my stash, and repeated these in small clusters around the wreath. I cut leaves, wood and flowers from the #2 paper to add too. You can also see a chipboard butterfly at the top of the wreath. I tucked the date in here with more of the foam letter stickers.


For my title I used a Sizzix BigzXL alpha die to cut the letters twice, from Kraft and Yukon Gold Bazzill. I inked Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide through a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Burlap THS007) onto the Kraft letters and offset them over the gold letters.

 

Walking the Walls
- The girls and I walked the city walls on our recent trip to York. 

For this page I used the frame of #02 paper I cut earlier, and mounted trimmed and distressed Twig Bazzill over the top.


After working out where the photos would sit and my title would go, I drew a faint pencil semi circle onto the page and stitched over this with two strands of brown DMC embroidery cotton.
Then with a brick stencil and some Distress Texture Paste I created some rough brick work to fill the semi circle. The Distress Paste was unevenly coloured with Distress Oxide Inks. 


Once the paste was dry I was able to add my photos. I placed the cut-off strip from the 'Gather' paper along the base of the photos and finished this area off with a chipboard piece from the kit. 

I cut three butterflies from the 'Journal Elements' paper and after curving these I added them to the stitching. My title was made with the letter stickers from the kit and I created a shadow with a marker pen. In the same way I placed the date at the bottom of the page. 

That's all for today, I will be back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: