Friday 25 March 2022

Back to Nature ..... G45 Woodland Friends

Hello,

 It's Anita here with you today and I would like to share a project I have just made after my scrapping mojo left the building once again!

I have some lovely G45 Woodland Friends papers and bits left in my DT kit from last month and this photo of myself, my Mum and Sister on a recent visit to our local reservoir was looking to be used, so I paired them together.


 I was having a sort out of cupboards and drawers at home and found a broken clock that I should have thrown away ages ago really. I am glad I didn't now as it's made quite a nice photo frame instead and with a nice cream base made it easy to work on straight away.



I started by dabbing on some alcohol inks using a small piece of felt and an old wooden rubber stamp handle with a bit of velcro on to grip the felt. The ink was a colour called Expresso and it was actually really nice to use some old stash that has been rattling round in my craft room for ages. After the ink I also dabbed some ivory acrylic paint randomly to help blend the ink. 


The clock face has been covered with a circle cut from a sheet of Woodland Friends on the lovely reverse side, which had a very nice plaid pattern and I then matted the photo on a piece of Dark Green cardstock. Using a Martha Stewart punch and some more Dark Green card I also punched out some little leaf sprays to scatter about later on.


This range of papers have some fabulous images of various woodland animals across them and I decided to theme this project with the various squirrels.

So using a sheet of  Be Curious I set about fussy cutting lots of squirrels, branches, a bird and a bird with its nest to decorate around the clock face ( this felt like it took forever!!)

Once I had cut several out I placed them round the clock face and stuck them down when I was happy with the positioning. A good old rummage in my flower basket turned up some mulberry paper leaves and tiny brown roses, so I scattered these randomly around the edges.... inbetween the branches and the squirrels.

A couple of stickers from the Woodland Friends Sticker sheet were added to just finish the project up and that was it! It was actually really nice trying something different for a change and the amazing papers that G45 produce have so much detail on them, they are really versatile.

You can see a great selection of them HERE


That's it for me today, I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project. When you are having a sort out, before throwing things in the bin, have a look and see if you could alter them to re-cycle and re love.

Warmest wishes 

Anita xxx

 

No comments: