Friday 4 March 2022

Photoplay Notting Hill - So Many Good Books

Hello. Karen here. This month I've been playing with the fabulous Notting Hill Collection from Photoplay. This collection is perfect for book lovers! The collection features books, e-readers, bookshelves, library cards, and lots more and the colour palette is so bright and cheerful. 

For my first project I decided to scrapbook about my love of books and in particular some of the books I've read since joining a local book club.


I started with a white cardstock background and onto this I layered 3 pieces of the patterned paper. The blue (Books I Love) measured 11.5 x 7.5, The red (Book Nerd) measured 8.5 x 10.5 and the lime green (Currently Reading) measured 7 x 8. Because my photo was very colourful I choose to use the less busy B sides of the papers.


My 6.75 x 7 photo was matted onto a folded piece of white cardstock to make a 'book' which when opened reveals a couple more smaller photos, some journalling and a book list. 


Some of the stickers from the sticker sheet were used to embellish the inside of the book and the book was glued onto the layout on top of the lime green patterned paper.


More stickers were used to embellish the photo.


I created a bookmark, as a home for some more journalling, using one of the die cuts and a piece of white cardstock and this was placed beside the photo.


I made a tassel for the bookmark using some lime green embroidery thread. It turned out a bit bigger than I had planned but it adds a lot of texture to the layout which without it would be very flat. The tassel was held in place with some wet glue.


Finally I added my title at the bottom of the layout using some very, very old chipboard letters from my stash. 


I hope you like this page. I could think of so many themes the Notting Hill collection could be used for - your book collection, favourite book, people reading, World Book Day, your favourite book store. There are so many possibilities. 

I'll be back later in the month with another project using this collection so until then, please take care.

Karen x x

No comments: