Monday 7 March 2022

Doodlebug - Great Outdoors - Breathtaking Nature Hike

Hi everyone!

Claire here with you today, and this month, I am pushing myself right out of my comfort zone with lots of bright colours, patterns and mixed media - and I am having so much fun!!

During March, I'm using Doodlebug's Great Outdoors collection which you can find in the store here.

Doodlebug is a brand that's new to me, and I have been completely blown away.  The collections are bursting full of the most fabulous patterns with colours that immediately inspire creativity.  The ephemera packs are unlike any I have come across before - they contain so many different elements, I could make a dozen pages and still have product left over to play with!  

For my first page, I'm documenting a hike to the top of Howth Hill in Dublin. The views from the top are exquisite. 


I used two shades of Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass, brushing them across a cloud cutfile from Cricut Design Space.

Once the background was done, I cut two rectangles (one slightly smaller than the other) from the b sides of the Happy Camper and Wild Things paper, and cut in fishtails to form two banners.

I sticthed around the edges in white thread and raised these on foam pads before adhering to my page. Along the top of each banner, I added some trim from the This and That Stickers, along with an orange 'Adventure Awaits' banner from the Odds & Ends Chit Chat pack.


Next, I positioned my photo, backing this with the Colors of Nature and Wildflowers papers along with some tissue paper for extra texture.


I built clusters around my photo using those beautiful coloured trees from the Odds & Ends friendly Forest pack - a real must have with this collection!


I also clustered some leaves from the same pack around my title and added a few of those super cute forest critters from the Campground Critters Shape Sprinkles pack - the cutest things you'll ever see!


The Breathtaking Nature Hike title is made from the Odds & Ends Chit Chat pack. It's full of statement pieces that make titles super easy. I stitched through the Nature Hike , folding them over for extra texture before sticking to my page.


This was soooo much fun to create - and I'll let you into a secret - Once I had created this one, I just kept going, making multiple pages one after the other!! The possibilities with this collection are endless and so enjoyable to play with.


You can explore everything this collection has to offer here, and I'll be back with another layout (or 2 or 3 or 4!) in a few weeks time.

See you soon!


Claire

@scrappysoulmate

No comments: