Monday 3 April 2023

March Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, with the second pair of layouts made with the beautiful kit for March. Full of papers, cardstock and embellishments, in a purple and aqua colour scheme.

Here is a reminder of the kit:

Patterned Papers:
Prima Marketing - Aquarelle Dreams collection - Timeless Tales & Forget Me Not
Mintay Papers - Lavender Farm collection - #05
49 & Market - ARToptions Plum Grove collection - Coloured Foundations 1
P13 - Secret Garden collection - #06
Pinkfresh Studio - Delightful collection - Brighter Days

Bazzill Basics: Bazzill White & Grape Delight

Reverse side of papers


Embellishments:
1 sheet P13 Secret Garden phrase stickers, 1 heart doily, cheese cloth, 5 Prima Dreams dragonflies, 12 Rosie's Studio Fanciful Gemstones, 5 - 49 & Market chipboard pieces, 3 - 49 & Market tags 3 mini flowers


Extra Bazzill Pack: Date Swirl, Wisteria, Parakeet & Pastel Blue


Bertha's Bridesmaids - Another family history layout, on the back of the layout and inside the mini envelope are details of the people in the photo from my research.

I chose the Prima 'Timeless Tales paper for the base of this layout. After working out where the photo would sit, I used a craft knife to cut around any petals and leaves that would otherwise be half hidden by the picture. I inked the edges of these, then I tucked the photo into place with the leaves and petals overlapping the edges.

With the Tim Holtz Thinlits die set - Funky Floral Large, I cut leaves using some purple vellum. I arranged them around the wreath attaching them with wet glue at the stem ends only.


I created a small envelope and insert with the Bazzill from the kit and the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set Postale.  I tucked the envelope into the base of the wreath, beside the photo.


At the base of the envelope, I added three large blooms from an artificial flower I had taken to pieces. I placed a large flat backed pearl in the centre of each flower. I added the remaining Prima Dreams acetate dragonflies from the kit to the page. I scattered lilac pearls and purple gems around the wreath.

After adding the date (Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set Alphanumeric Tiny Type) to the card insert, I wrote some journalling onto both sides and placed it into the envelope. I attached some mini flowers to the envelope opening.


For the title I created and cut the word 'Bridesmaids' on my Cricut and cut it using Bazzill from the kit. The word 'Bertha' was made with LDRS One Fine Day puffy alpha stickers.


Two Months Baby My great niece Poppy at two months of age, very happy little soul.


I started this layout by tearing large areas off the diagonal corners of the wood panel effect side, of the Mintay Lavender Farm paper. I tore strips from the remains of this paper and flipped it to the floral patterned side. These strips were applied to the torn edges of the wood panel piece. 


Next, I lightly stencilled butterflies onto the Date Swirl Bazzill. I used a selection of Distress Oxide Inks and a Vicki Boutin stencil from the Sweet Rush collection. The colours I chose for the inks was Wilted Violet, Cracked Pistachio and Hickory Smoke.


I glued the paper onto the cardstock and used the cheesecloth from the kit to tuck between the paper and the card.


Using the heart doily as a photo mat (also provided in the kit), I placed it to the left of the layout and arranged my three small photos onto it. I added some paper poppies from my stash around the photos.


I used two of the 49 and Market pieces from the kit: The first was a tab on which I added die cut letters to spell out Poppy's name. The second was the label plate into which I added the date. Both of these were cut with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set Alphanumeric Tiny Type.


For the main title I cut the word 'Months' with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set Alphanumeric Emporium. I cut this word twice with Bazzill cardstock from the kit, this allowed me to cut the letters in Wisteria and then add in the highlights with the darker Grape Delight.
The word 'Two' was created with Pinkfresh Studio Happy Bloom puffy alpha stickers.


That's all for today, and the March kit, I'll be back with the April kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: