Monday 29 May 2023

Crate Paper Gingham Garden - A Moment Captured

Hello. Karen here. Today I have another layout to share using the beautiful Gingham Garden collection from Crate Paper and this time I've scrapbooked a photo of me as a child.


For my background I used a ready-to-use Mixed Media Paper from a pad by Vicki Boutin. The pad I used isn't available in the shop anymore but you could instead use a similar paper (like these from 49 & Market) or you could get messy and create your own background using paints. 

I trimmed the paper down by 5mm on each edge and matted this onto a sheet of the Gingham Garden Fresh Air paper. 


I then splattered the layout with some gold mist. 


In the centre of the layout I created a large photo mat from torn pieces of the Fresh Air and Nostalgia paper. To add some extra texture I machine stitched the torn edges and the edges of the layout with white thread.


My square photo was printed with a white border and added to the photo mat with 3D foam underneath to add dimension.


Beside the photo I placed a journalling card from the Ephemera pack and used this as a place to put my title.


The title was created with some tiny foam alphabet stickers from my stash. A word from the Happy Life Phrase Thickers was added as a sub-title. Some of the Phrase Thickers are gold and really shine.


To embellish the layout I fussy cut some flowers from the In the Shade paper and butterflies from the Alight paper, and placed these beside the photo.


Finally I added the date at the bottom of the page with more foam alphabet stickers and dotted some gold stars from the sheet of Thickers here and there,

I hope you like this layout and that it had given you some inspiration as to how to use the gorgeous Gingham Garden collection.

Until next time, Take Care
Karen x x

No comments: