Monday 8 May 2023

Memories - Simple Stories - Here + There Collection

Hello, it’s Rebecca with you today enjoying the bank holiday and creating with the new Simple Stories Here + There collection. I was initially on the fence about this collection - I adore the earthy colours in it - but it’s a travel themed collection - and I don’t really travel much since having my son! I decided I loved the colours enough that I wanted to have a bit of a play, and I’m so glad I did!! You can find the full collection in the shop here.



For my first layout, I’m making a non-travel themed page. It just goes to show how versatile this collection is! I begun by cutting a strip of patterned paper and tearing along the top and bottom at slight angles for a bit of texture. I distressed all the edges and placed it into the centre of a sheet of premium white cardstock. I took one of the cut apart cards from the 4x6 Elements Paper and cut it in half so that I could place a strip of striped paper peeking out either side. I added my photo to the centre of the page, raised up on foam to introduce some dimension. 




Using the Floral Bits & Pieces, I began to embellish the layout. I created two clusters of florals going diagonally through my photo. To these clusters, I added some of the Bits & Pieces  and Cardstock Stickers. I always like to adhere the stickers to white cardstock before using them so that I can move them around and change my mind without them sticking to other things on the layout. 




To the empty space above and below my photo, I added some of the sentiment stickers (also from the cardstock stickers sheet). I tried to pick these based on their colour, and what they said. 




I always adore the Tag patterned papers in Simple Stories collections and love that they are double sided… so much choice! I selected two based on their colour, and added one either side of my layout. Using my Crop-o-dile I punched metal eyelets through the tags and tied some embroidery thread though them to add some more texture to the layout. 




I finished off with a few sequins in coordinating colours, and placed them following the diagonal line of embellishments. 




Thank you so much for reading. I hope you’ve enjoyed this layout. Don’t forget to check the collection out in the shop! 


I’ll be back later in the month with another ‘Here + There’ layout. 


Take care


Rebecca 

@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: